Alien Battery Rack Wanted

chris301up

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
I have recently purchased a replacement battery for my electric bike which is different and bigger than the original one fitted.

The battery is a 36v Li-ion, apparently manufactured by AlienOcean and I need a rear rack to suit this. I have emailed them on several occasions but they tell me this is only available as part of a complete kit?

When I purchased this a little while ago I modified an ordinary bike rack to accommodate this battery but I would now like to try and find the correct item!

Can anyone help or advise?

Last edited:

thingaby

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2008
alien rack

I can't help you directly with the rack as my Alien rack is in use. The battery Alien uses is made by Phylion - at least my 36v battery which is supplied by them and less than a year old is. I think the key component you need is the battery mounting plate that is attached to the rack by 4 screws. It might be worth a direct approach to Phylion for a mounting plate which I'm sure would fit on a lot of racks. The postage from China ought to be quite modest as its not much more than a flat bit of metal. And I can certainly share the exact dimensions with you if you want to try to fabricate something yourself.
Finally I know drgcb on this forum stopped using his Alien battery and switched the motor etc on to another frame. I wonder if he hung on to the rack?
atb steve