Alien Ocean Aurora advice please.

spiderno7

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2014
Sutton Coldfield
I'm considering purchasing the Alien Aurora as it seems to be in my price range and offers a little extra in overall top speed.

It there a reason why I shouldn't purchase this bike?

If not this bike, what is the comparative alternative?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

Nice bikes with a strong durable motor that can give a lot more than what Alien ask of it. The batteries seem to be the weak point, so think about the cost of replacing it sooner or later at a cost of about £250 for a decent one. You need to do a full discharge test (ride from fully charged to flat) to know what state it's in. You can't tell anything by measuring the voltage, other than confirm that it's bad.

spiderno7

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2014
Sutton Coldfield
This is great thanks, could I pick the battery up from most retailer's or would I need to shop around online?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4366

If you want it for a reasonable price, you have to buy one from China a bit different to the one you have, so there's a bit of wiring and DIY to make it fit. If you can't do that, you have to get one from Alien, so ask them how much it is. I don't know whether they've upgraded their batteries, but IMHO the original batteries are not up to the job, which is why I would recommend using a different one.

gavztheouch

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 20, 2013
I have one bought it for £200 second hand. The motor is a gem fast and efficient. My battery is good for 2 miles so ready for a change. The bike components and frame are very cheap and surprisingly poor for a £1100 bike. I would value the bike itself at £150. That being said it is fairly serviceable and when setup quite nice to ride. A few years ago they had a rep for being the best value bike out there and there are plenty of good reviews.

D

Deleted member 4366

I have one bought it for £200 second hand. The motor is a gem fast and efficient. My battery is good for 2 miles so ready for a change.
If it were mine, I'd get a high-discharge battery and a 22 amp controller, or even the S12S sine-wave controller.