an annoying click

lantus

Pedelecer
May 28, 2010
hi please help.
knew it would'nt be long before i was begging for help,my pawacycle salisbury lxp has a very annoying click coming from the rear wheel area.this is a random click nothing apears to be catching, it's on when free wheeling as well as pedeling. not great with bikes but i cant see whats coarsing it, any ideas?:confused:

ps. not great with spelling either.:rolleyes:

Onei

Just Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Have you checked all of nuts and bolt are done up tight on the accessories attached to the bike; panniers, mudguard, chainguard etc. Or maybe your gears aren't clicking in smoothly, might need adjusting?

Lloyd

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
Not an exhaustive list but here are the obvious ones to check.

Rubber nipples on side of tyre (if so remove with cutters)

stone on tyre tread (painfully obvious but often overlooked)

Rubber hub bearing cover (more of a squeak but often happens in summer when the rubber dries out-lube with gt85 if the case)

spokes loose (again more of a 'ting' han a click but will be very random, more so when pulling away or under load)

brake pads catching

the end of the brake cable touching the tyre

rear wheel loose :eek:

wheel reflector loose

mudguard catching

try those for starters and if its deffo none of the above Im sure a salisbury owner will be able to lend a hand :)

lantus

Pedelecer
May 28, 2010
every thing seems tight ,no cable ends catching. how tight do the spokes have to be (like i said not to good with bikes). checked tyres ect. look ok.

lantus

Pedelecer
May 28, 2010
thank for advice, tightened spokes seems to have done the trick.

richardmu

Pedelecer
May 30, 2009
Both wispers I own, a 905 and 806, have suffered from annoying clicks from the wheel with the motor.
A quick 1/2 turn with a cheap spoke tightener from wiggle has fixed the problem every time.