Any conspiracy theorists out there?

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
It's likely some of you will have come across this before but it was in my mail at the weekend and I thought I'd share it with you. The print quality is rather poor but it is just about readable and I can't be bothered "doctoring" it so I apologise for that.

As regards the "facts" listed, I can see one that I'm sure is wrong so there could be more but it's interesting if even most of the "facts" should actually be true.

View attachment 3485

Indalo

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
How the hell did you know I was a conspiracy theorist? HOW!

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
I have seen this before and find it incredible beyond belief, ...but they tell us it's all an illusion anyway so IS THE TRUTH OUT THERE ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Whether true or not, I don't suppose it matters to us.

Here's a presidential item that really does matter. There is a 400 club in the USA, so called because it's limited to 400 members. No-one can apply to join, membership is only by invitation, dead men's shoes. When George Bush junior was elected, he became the 7th out of the last 11 presidents to be a member.

So there was a 64% chance of a president coming from those 400, and a 46% chance of one coming from the remaining over 300 million US citizens. They call it democracy.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
There are so many "clubs" of varying types, most of which would go unnoticed were they to fold but one of my favourites is the Pickwick Bicycle Club, begun in London around 1870. That club is unlikely ever to influence world opinion or bring about change in cycling attitudes or indeed anything but it is a lovely institution, my knowledge of which is limited to one dinner invitation many years ago at the Connaught Rooms.

From memory, there are only as many members as there are characters in The Pickwick Papers and each member adopts a soubriquet given by the club. They have some history and seem to revel in being referred to as the world's oldest cycling club but I would imagine other groups might possibly wish to challenge that.

I know you don't go that far back Flecc but as a London & SE-based man for many years, you must have heard of this group if you are not indeed one of their members?

Indalo

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I had heard of them Indalo, but knew very little about them. I've never been a member of any cycling club, only the odd night club years ago!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Tony i think you will find Bill Clinton was also a member.
Yes, he was one of the 7 from 11, there seems to be no party bias in the 400 club system, just a desire for members to dominate the presidency. However one views this, it cannot be healthy for democracy.

Advertisers