Any ideas on fitting a eco/sport switch

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Now that my wife has had her Synergie Breeze for a while and has let me have a go:D I find the economy/sport switch a real must have item. It makes for really comfortable flat cruising with no pressure to push along and great for switching over when the road starts to rise or your late for dinner.

So! has anyone attempted to fit one on a bike that has the standard pedelec and throttle? Mechanical I`m good at but not so hot on electrics (I mean I can work on them OK but need instructions on something as big as this)

Dave

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Dave, you need a new controller to get that functionality IE one from Frank that has three user selectable assist modes. I have one on the Peugeot and it works a treat.

Phil_P

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2010
Hi Dave ,

I read about this...

The Cycle Analyst Homepage - Ebike Amp-Hour and Watt Meter

it says.....

It can also override the throttle and regulate the power delivered to the motor. This allows you to set limits on top speed, max current, and set alow voltage cutout (requires additional wiring):
not sure how practicle this would be half way up a hill and you want some extra oomph...:D

Regards
Phil

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Dave, you need a new controller to get that functionality IE one from Frank that has three user selectable assist modes. I have one on the Peugeot and it works a treat.
Thanks , have you got a link?

How does it fit in with exisiting wires and how about size? would it go in the alien built in plastic carrier box?

Dave