Any info on the B'Twin BeBike 900

Paul J

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2016
Ferndown Dorset
anoyherkiwi, thanks for the info. Seems I uncovered a hornets nest. Thanks for all the help.
Paul....Kudos realise what you are saying,but no local dealer could work on £70 profit per bike.....the UK market is not large and the cost of overheads on a retailer are very high these days.
The original bike you asked about is a standard spec Chinese bike....my Kudos Cobra or Liberty are similar specification,about £800.00.If you are seeking strong hill climbing ability you need to upgrade to the BPM motor,which has considerable torque at low speed . The BPM is fitted to Oxygen,Woosh Big Bear,Kudos Arriba,Tornado,Sonata and Rapide.
If you want BPM motor the cheapest bike is the Woosh....if you want BPM plus local dealer support I think my Kudos Tornado is nearest at £1095.00,it is not possible to sell such a bike at less than £1000.00 if you want a local dealer....I think my nearest dealer is at Weston Super Mare or Hampshire.
We are aware that £1000.00 is an important threshold point I have many bikes on my website at less than that price.
We have the very high spec Kudos Sonata on offer,ex demo bike at £1033.00, has been used only lightly at a couple of shows....very high spec...BPM motor,hydraulic brakes,30 speed Shimano Deore gears,smart looking bike.
Hope that helps.

KudosDave
Thanks Dave, interesting that my one negative thought on the BB is the brakes, the Kudos Sonata sure is a good spec with hydraulic brakes I will contact you regarding your ex demo. My only worry is the 10ah battery, what could I expect to get, fairly flat where I live.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Do you/can you pedal? My record is 100 km but I was putting in quite a bit of effort and only using assistance levels of 1 and 2. Without getting all hot and sweaty on the flat you can get 65 km from a 10.4 A battery.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
anoyherkiwi, thanks for the info. Seems I uncovered a hornets nest. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks Dave, interesting that my one negative thought on the BB is the brakes, the Kudos Sonata sure is a good spec with hydraulic brakes I will contact you regarding your ex demo. My only worry is the 10ah battery, what could I expect to get, fairly flat where I live.
Paul....once you have ridden an electric bike with hydraulic brakes you won't ever again want to use cables,it takes all the finger strain out of long down hills,unless of course you are a freewheeling 40 mph hero!
Range....oh the biggest lie on the e-bike world,you can get 'UP TO 100 miles',note the words 'UP TO'.....realistically we advise 3.0 to 3.5 miles per Ah ,on a 10 Ah battery with average terrain 30 miles is reasonable expectation.
I will be honest that the Sonata is not my biggest seller,it is hard in the UK to sell at £1395.00,most customers don't want to pay much over £1000.00... but that extra money allowed me to build the best spec bike from the parts available to me,at £1033.00 it's a genuinely good buy.
Just ask that you give it a review afterwards.
KudosDave