Anyone tried Speedbox B-tuning dongle?

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire
Bluetooth enabled dongle

I don't want to get into a discussion about the legalities of derestriction, I am more interested in the other available features of this dongle such as being able to disable the motor to help prevent theft, plus the data that you can get out of it.

I've bought one and am hoping to fit it this weekend. I'd be interested in other's experiences of it.

Example stats available:
Screenshot_20190607-123955_SpeedBox App.jpg

• Informative
  • Dislike
Reactions: EddiePJ and Artstu

Fishy

Pedelecer
Nov 16, 2018
Haven't tried it, but very interesting idea about being able to disable the motor.
If Bosch could implement that via the e-connect app, would be a great feature, but, I'd be a bit concerned doing it via third party software, what if something went wrong and you couldn't restart it?

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
I'd be a bit concerned doing it via third party software, what if something went wrong and you couldn't restart it?
Oh don't say that now, lol. Hopefully it's just a signal that gets blocked inside the dongle rather than one that gets sent to the motor, so if it all went pear shaped you could just remove the dongle....

I'm really surprised that I can't find any reviews at all of this kit.

Fishy

Pedelecer
Nov 16, 2018
You're probably the only one that's ever bought it ,seriously tho, I guess most people buy the cheaper version.

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Yeah I know the retail price is extortionate but I've seen a couple sold on ebay for as low as £50, and there's listings for new ones on there for £130. This was an eBay one for less than a ton.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Advertisers