Article: Automatic braking technology aims to help e-bikes first

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If I live to 150 I still wouldn't see all this implemented.

Expensively equipping many millions of vehicles with this sophistication for the sake of a few thousand e-bikes in the UK is never going to happen.

In any case it won't work for the side-on truck accidents at junctions that trouble us so much. A sensor that acts in time for that would be so sensitive there would be too many false signals to be acceptable.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
But i thought you already were 150 flecc ?

:D

sent by pigeon post

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just getting ever closer Garry.

If I made that the pensions minister and industry would have nightmares!

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
By fixing one thing you can break another.

Do the brakes unexpectedly come on? Will the car get rear ended for passing "too close" to a cyclist?

Will drivers be dependant on them? The day a cyclists unit malfunctions or battery dies they have an accident?

And false triggers or other issues. I know some roads that have a constant flow of cyclists during rush hour so will the flow of cars be stopped dead by a single car/truck registering always on?

I know it's still an idea in it's early stages but to test it on a wide open uncongested road and then feel it's fit for city's is slightly insane. I really don't get why so many point at the Netherlands ideas that build on an already solid foundation and expect them to work just as well on the mess we have.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Is that you enjoying having a go at Mercedes again John lol .....the season is over now......thank god :(

I cant wait for next season to start though, and we have poached Red Bull's Prodromou......

But I have to admit that was funny, so I forgive you ;)

Lynda :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Damn :(

Lynda :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011

Advertisers