Bad Kama, or just a run of sh!+ luck

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
This is not a dig at any store, just me cursing fate.
Sold my e-cube last December as I'd ordered the new Cube acid one 500, expected delivery in January.
A run of bad weather, car trouble and ill health ( both myself and my father, 82 years ) meant I wasn't too fussed when the manufactures delivery kept being put back and back again.
My fathers chest infection turned into pneumonia, knocked his dementia for six and put him in hospital for 5 weeks.
Over the next 2 weeks my father comes home and I'm his primary career ( I'm more than willing to take on the responsibility ) during this time my bike delivery is brought forward and then put back again (my choice of colour & frame size is the last on the production line) do I give a fig ! No, family first.
Stomach pains puts dad back in hospital only to find a series of organ failures that ended his life.
A week or so later and Ive so much stuff to sort out, when told my bike is on its way to the uk and in store by Friday ( last week ) I'm still not bothered but I say I'll pick it up Wednesday ( day after the funeral )

All this time I'm thinking maybe I'm not supposed to buy this bike, is there a force working against me, so I'm not surprised when Wednesday comes around and I visit the store only to find no bike, its been delivered to the wrong store !
I'm told it should be sorted for Friday but I'm not excited, I don't know if I'm angry, p'd off or what I feel.
If it's not ready on Friday, for two pins I may just ask for my deposit back and walk away from e-bikes until I get the passion back.
Again I'm not having a go at any retailer, just fed up with everything.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
What a terrible time you've had Gringo. I was just checking back in this section and read this so I just wanted to say I am so very sorry to hear about your father.

Reactions: Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A really unhappy sequence of events Gringo, little wonder you feel fed up with everything at present and you have my genuine sympathies since I've lived through a rather similar period.

It's a platitude I know, but the odds now are in favour of things getting better. The bad times will pass.

Robbieg

Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2016
Burton on trent
Really sorry Gringo, must be really tough for you at the moment. As for the Cube purchase, what would your dad advise you to do? Important to keep a routine and socialize, talking helps, and exercise as well. Maybe the new bike might help over time. Can understand why you don't feel any enthusiasm though.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Probably a bit of both, I believe that sometimes they both go hand in hand and you get a gut feeling about it that tells you to walk away and try again.
Sadly for you your dear ol dad had become ill and now passed away, so at this time you will feel disheartened and saddened by recent on going events.
If your not happy with the on going delay speak to the shop involved and if they are willing to cancel the order walk away until you are ready to get going again.
I know how you feel as I have had bereavements with my parents and a sibling and others etc etc over the years so all I can do is wish you well and the sadness will go eventually.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Thanks for the kind words folks,
He went through a bad time when he lost his wife ( my mother ) 22 years ago, I moved in with him back then to help him through it and since then we have been best mates, sharing life's ups and downs together, quite a void in my life now.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You will remember the good times and memories and forget about the bad just as you did 22 years ago.

Advertisers