Wanted Bafang G06 / RMG06 48V/250W

Andreas Nilsson

Just Joined
Jun 18, 2021
First the back ground story to my rather specific request...

I bought a street legal e-bike a couple of years ago. I didn't know anything about the technical parts, just that it was legal to use in bicycle lanes (and that it looked awesome ofcourse). Sure enough, this summer I was pulled to the side by the cops and they checked the hubmotor markings, the battery markings, confirmed no hand-throttle, no batterymotor mismatch and the speed recorded when they spotted me were within the "acceptable" range. They also told me during our conversation that they never doubted the markings "those are factory stamped markings, have you any idea how many labels we peel off to see the true markings?"

Now I know more about e-bikes (and what the Swedish cops actually look for/how they think) so for my future build (first attemt of building my own e-bike) I want the parts that my older bike has. It should be a road legal 48V system. I have no problem sourcing the parts for the build locally or from china, except for that specific motor. I suspect it is an older model of the G06 as the only one seller that have it on alibaba/aliexpress are out of stock.

I already know that this specific motor is basically the same as the G06 branded 48V 350W that can be bought i many places. But even if that motor more or less perform exactly as the 250W, the cops don't care, they can still read and Swedish cops do not listen to technical arguments regarding wattage when the motor is stamped 350W. The same goes for the 36V 250W version that can be ordered readily. They compared the battery stamp with the motor voltage rating and my system should be a 48V system.

So what I am trying to find is a RMG06 48V 250W stamped/engraved bafang motor, nothing else. I would also be intrested in a burned or wrecked windings motor, as long as the stamping/engraving is the right, the rotor is true and the inner planetary gear in the rotor is ok.

This is what I am looking for. The OLD/inner dimensions between the frame should be 170mm.

G06 48V250W.jpg