Bafang hd controller ?

Hixyhicks

Pedelecer
May 14, 2020
Are the controllers for Bafang hd all the same ?Do they come in different versions are some better than others .Do vendors on this site have any in stock ? If not reliable sources abroad please

Jackho

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 8, 2021
Are the controllers for Bafang hd all the same ?Do they come in different versions are some better than others .Do vendors on this site have any in stock ? If not reliable sources abroad please
I am not an expert but will offer some opinions if it helps (also because others on this site have been so helpful and me give something back).
From my limited experience all the controllers are very similar but dimensions are important to check out. If you have your controller removed check like images with Amazon , Ebay and compare connections and ratings eg voltage and power ratings . You might find they all have similar configuration except for connectors (which is not a major issue).
This might at least get you started . Jackho

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
Bafang BBSHD controllers for the last 2 years have been locked @ 28 amps it is possible to flash the firmware so you can set the controller to 30 amps.
If you need more than 30 amps a seller in Belgium called Lode Crommen (on facebook in the BBSHD groups) sells modified controllers that can do 50 amps for around £250 inc postage.
Or you could lok at the ASI Bac 855 or Phase runner controllers that can take higher voltages 72v + and offer even more performance

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Before you think about a controller change have you checked the existing settings with the bafang lead and software My last 2 bbshd had poor pas settings but neither are short on power