Bafang.

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling
ive pretty much decided that this is what I'm going for.

Anyone else had/has or used these?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A Bafang what ?
The Oxydrive CST hub is a Bafang hub motor.
The BPM is a Bafang freewheel hub, or do you mean the BBS01/02 Bafang cd.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
You could get a Bafang BBS02 500W 36V CD Kit with 15AH Battery from Woosh Bikes, which I think is what you are after:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/cart/

Bear in mind that these kits can present some problems when fitting, and as you admit to being a noob, might not be the best thing for you.

Have you thought about getting something like a Haibike on 0% finance and spreading the cost over a few years?

http://www.damianharriscycles.co.uk/prod/ele_0023_hb/haibike-sduro-hardseven-sl-2016-electric-bike

I know the cheapest is still around 1900 quid, but they really are top quality bikes, and leaps ahead of any Bafang kit in terms of refinement.

Kit bikes, when they go wrong, can be most infuriating, and require technical knowledge to get working again.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobF

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling
Yeah. I have to agree this kit looks like what I'm looking for.

Can this kit be upped in power via the lcd display for private off road use where I have permission?

Do you know if this kit has any info on it as to its power output?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Yeah. I have to agree this kit looks like what I'm looking for.

Can this kit be upped in power via the lcd display for private off road use where I have permission?

Do you know if this kit has any info on it as to its power output?
Around 1000 watts of power with a freshly charged battery.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

yes via wheel size ect can be done also plod dont give a shite no 1 has had there bike taken off them even 5 times that.

just dont crash in to human beings and you be fine ;)

Last edited:

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling

yes via wheel size ect can be done also plod dont give a shite no 1 has had there bike taken off them even 5 times that.

just dont crash in to human beings and you be fine ;)

So what happens when I fit a 27.5" wheel kit to a 26" wheel bike?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
So what happens when I fit a 27.5" wheel kit to a 26" wheel bike?
The Bafang kit can be fitted to most bikes with any wheel size, but as I say, this can be not without problems. Usually a problem fitting a kit will arise as you come to it and cannot be pre-empted.

Why not buy a complete bike within your £800 budget, ride it, get to know how it works and how each component integrates with each other, then maybe later on down the line tackle a kit.

A few people on this forum have bought from this buyer and have been happy with the quality of their products, communication and after-sales service. This one has a one year warranty, and although probably not the last word in quality and refinement, will prove to be an excellent buy for a noob getting into ebikes.

500W Electric Mountain E Bike Alpine Sport Eco With Battery 21" Frame New 2016

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling
Fair points but I have just spent a small fortune replacing every single bit that was even slightly worn and had it completely overhauled and serviced.

Again. Can I fit the oxydrive 27.5" kit to my 26" wheels?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Fair points but I have just spent a small fortune replacing every single bit that was even slightly worn and had it completely overhauled and serviced.

When you ask questions about the kits, please could you stipulate exactly which kit i.e. Bafang BBS02 crank/mid drive or Bafang CST rear hub motor.

I thought you were after a Bafang BBS02 mentioned in posts 5 and 6 o_O

Reactions: anotherkiwi

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
The kit I want to buy and need to kmow if it will fit a Saracen Mantra One with 26inch wheels is this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-E-Bike-Bicycle-Mid-Drive-Crank-Kit-48v-500w-Conversion-Kit-Bafang-8FUN-/172104886568?hash=item2812402928:g:xzAAAOSwLnlWnK7U

I'm presuming I have to buy a battery and charger as well? Can I purchase a charger that fits where the water bottle would usually be?

And obviously this is rear wheel drive yes?
1) I see no reason why it wouldn't fit the Saracen
2) You will have to buy a battery and charger
3) To build a well balanced bike, you should buy a battery that fits where the water bottle holder should be. It'll be unlikely you'll have room for the charger too!
4) The Bafang BBS02, as in your link, will drive the chain, thus rear wheel drive

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Again I say Yes !!!
You have to re-lace or get the hub re-laced in to a 26" rim and adjust the wheel size in the LCD menu. The only reason for them specified as 26 or 27.5 etc,etc is so you can fit them with minimal effort , although the drops outs do need some filing to fit the slightly larger axle which need to do with nearly all hub motors whether front or rear.

BALDYMONSTER

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2016
Stirling
This is becoming a real ballache, I think another gixxer thou is in order....lol.

Reactions: dazza22345

bigearsbilly

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2016
I doubt you can directly fit. Unless you have a wheel to measure up. V brake will probably not hit right. Surely someone must have a 26 kit in stock?