Batribike Vista S - any feedback?

hairyneville

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2020
I've not only secured full-time permanent employment, I've even found an e-bike shop with an actual e-bike in stock!

Sadly I've not heard of the maker before. Does anyone have any experience of Batribike bikes in general and the Batribike Vista S in particular? My nearest shop has one in stock for around £1550 with a 10.4Ah battery (about the same as my old Kalkhoff), though I'm not sure (and not really too fussed) if it's a crossbar or step-through frame.

I'll have a very short daily commute (less than 4.5 miles) but the speedy slopes on the outward journey are bloody horrible hills on the way home, hence the need for a sturdy and reliable pedelec. It'd be nice if someone could give me some feedback before I make the leap and buy the Vista S.

Thanks as ever!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Batribike are a well known brand within the ebike world, outside of ebike circles probably not know at all though that can be also be applied to a lot of the other brands on here.

Reactions: hairyneville

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Batribike have been around for a long time. Generally, their bikes aren't bad. They're just normal Chinese bikes of different sizes and shapes. I'm not sure about that battery arrangement. If it were my bike, I'd add a mudflap to the bottom of the mudguard to keep it from spraying the battery.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Three years warranty on both the motor and battery.

Arlo

Just Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Some years ago my brother had a company making bicycle wheels and would make some wheels for Batribike, they are close by to us. He made them because they felt the wheels they were supplied with were not strong enough. So the company obviously considers the quality of their bikes.

hairyneville

Pedelecer
Feb 24, 2020
Thanks for all your replies.

I must admit I had some concerns about the position of the battery, but on the other hand my place of work is only between 5 and 10 minutes from home and I'll be able to take the battery out, wipe the frame dry and keep the battery indoors at both ends of the journey (the bike itself will also be stored in a dry, indoors place).

I'm glad the bike sounds like a good one - here's hoping it doesn't sell out before I'm able to get the money together to buy it!

Lyzzz

Just Joined
Jan 5, 2021
I bought this bike in the middle of a quarantine. Our office switched to remote work and using work time to control the work process. After two weeks, I realized that I was putting on some weight because of my constant sitting at home. I bought this bike because it was inexpensive, I cannot say it's that spectacular but it works. It's an ordinary Chinese bike, but if you want something standard for a reasonable price, Vista S is ideal.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Future battery replacement looks like it may work out expensive, you're in Bosch territory with £680 for 12.8Ah.