Battery bag needed

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
For when I put my 36V alien battery on my rear rack I`m gonna need a canvas bag of sorts to protect it. Actual battery size 14"x6"x2"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Thanks Tim

Great bag but £60:eek: Think I`ll stick it in a Tesco bag:D
Yes it is a bit of a luxury item :D

I do have 20 litre and 10 litre overboard bags and can vouch for their build quality and waterproof qualities, they were a lot cheaper a couple of years ago, I think I got both for £20 at one of the outdoor shows :cool:

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I`ve got a double pannier on the bike already carrying various other things. I have used one side when I carried my wifes spare battery but they only just about fit in them and jossle around. Had to put foam down the inside to stop the knocking on the frame.

I really want a top bag, doesn`t have to be water proof because the battery is out in all weathers on the Alien. I found the ideal from the Sates at £25 but by the time you pay P&P + customs:eek:

Thanks Though.

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
I`ve got a double pannier on the bike already carrying various other things. I have used one side when I carried my wifes spare battery but they only just about fit in them and jossle around. Had to put foam down the inside to stop the knocking on the frame.

I really want a top bag, doesn`t have to be water proof because the battery is out in all weathers on the Alien. I found the ideal from the Sates at £25 but by the time you pay P&P + customs:eek:

Thanks Though.
Then what you really need is one of these (luckily sand is not included) :D:D:D

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/army-surplus/bags-rucksacks/genuine-dutch-army-camo-holdall-362849.htmlhttp://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/survival-emergency/survival-equipment-4/olive-drab-polypropylene-san-355448.html

Last edited:

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
My wife just reminded me that a couple of years ago when I didn`t want to walk around Paris with a camera bag on my shoulder I bought a shoulder bag (EastPak USA) a good quality canvas/nylon type water proof. after much destruction of the house:D I just found it. Dark brown, just the right length, I dug out a couple of foam type packing strips (6" wide) and with those each side of the battery, flapped over the top lid and it all nicely squidged up to just above the battery size. (it`s all nice and cosy) now do I bungy it on the rack or try to find a couple of velcro straps:confused:

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
NRG

You know what? that is a better way to carry that battery on the alien conversion!(no rattles) Now all I need is to get Onmebike to make me up a patch lead coming out of the Alien controller mounting box with a female kettle plug on the end and I`m away:D

Oh Tony!!!:)

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Nice bag, do you know the internal sizes

Thanks
I don't I'm affraid (I'd guess at 35cm x 20cm), it's exactly the same size as this pannier rack - the two work very well together as you can attach the bag and still have a rail for your pannier bags.

They are distributed by zyro, so I'd imagine that your local bike dealer will be able to get one - they are quite a standard item in the range. Here is their dealer locator.