Battery Bikes on the Paliamentary Bike Ride

Batribike Sue

Just Joined
Mar 18, 2010
Battery bikes from several different manufacturers were represented in yesterday's All Party Parliamentary Cycle Ride as a pre cursor to Bike Week. The inclusion of battery bikes was organised by BEBA and was to help in bringing about awareness of this mode of transport. There was a lot of interest from the MP's and Lords attending who were keen to find out the benefits electric bicycles and how they fit in with the overall cycling strategies and initiatives.
See pictures from the event on my blog

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Great day out

Hi Sue, it was good to see you both I am delighted you enjoyed the day. The turnout of BEBA members was great and I certainly feel we made a mark!

We have a lot to thank Sabine for.

Looking forward to seeing you in Black Rod's garden on the 6th July, BEBA members who want to show off their bikes to the great and the good at the Palace of Westminster please contact Mark, Sabine or me ASAP.

All the best

David

Last edited:

Batribike Sue

Just Joined
Mar 18, 2010
Westminster Demo Postponed

What a shame that the demo today had to be postponed due to unforseen circumstances. The event will be re-staged in October when it will be good to demonstrate to members of both houses what an important part electric bicycles can play in the sustainable transport mix.

I am now looking forward to attending BikeRadar Live this weekend at Brands Hatch. I hope to do a couple of laps of the Indy Circuit :) :)