Battery for lights

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
HI
I have just unearthed a set a bike lights that I used on my old bike. Unfortunately the battery is flat and will not hold any charge, due to having not been used. The lights are
SIGMA SPORT and comprise of a spotlight and wide beam. The battery is a lead acid rechargeable DiaMec DM6- 3.2 (6v 3.2AH/20HR). This fits into a case which goes in the bottle cage. Would it be possible to get a replacement of the exact type? It would need to be same overall size to fit in case. Or would there be an equivalent lithium unit. I have looked on Google and cannot find an exact replacement. I suppose this is old technology,and my son has rechargeable lights and the battery is tiny. I will keep looking as it seems a shame to throw them away.

many thanks gray

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
thanks guys,

Rog have looked on maplins but cannot find anything there

Flecc size is 125w x 60 h x30 d so the one yiou highlighted is too big. it has to fit in a case and there is no spare room . But thanks both for help. Will just have to keep looking

gray

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
Exactly what size are you looking for, what sort of terminals does it have, and of course we need to know the size of the side which has the terminals!

Then with any luck one of us might be a little more help - we can only generalize without those details. A pic would be even better (as well as the dimensions).

Rog.

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
I have it - it's 125 x 66 x 32, and there appear to be two spade connectors on the 125 x 32 side. The '66' includes the spades clearance - it's 60 without.

This Italian website seems to have it in stock:

Batteria Diamec DM6 3,2 Ah

It's 5.79 euro including tax. I guess there will be a delivery charge. Also Flecc will be on commission (that's an 'in' joke)

Rog.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Rog
you are a superstar. Thats the very fella. Just got to see if I can get one delivered now

many thanks gray

oops slight snag. Just tried to order but minimum of 25 euro required

Last edited:

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
jhruk

thanks m8. have ordered one of those, and thank you all for your help

regards gray

Advertisers