Battery Power

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
however it randomly turns off when I am using the bike
You need to be far more specific. It turns off and you need to switch it back on, or it comes back on itself after a while, or the power just blips out for a second or two... over rough ground, up hills, or at any time over any terrain... is it totally random or in sequence with other events eg. after a long period of riding... does everything die or just the motor assist... does the display stay on or die too? We're not psychic. You need to say exactly what is happening for someone to second guess a likely cause.

First though, fully charge the new battery to a measured 42 volts, then take it for a ride and let us know.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The bullet connectors are a known weak point and melt if not tight.
Yep, which is why I switched to soldering - these got too hot

grissgray

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 4, 2022
You need to be far more specific. It turns off and you need to switch it back on, or it comes back on itself after a while, or the power just blips out for a second or two... over rough ground, up hills, or at any time over any terrain... is it totally random or in sequence with other events eg. after a long period of riding... does everything die or just the motor assist... does the display stay on or die too? We're not psychic. You need to say exactly what is happening for someone to second guess a likely cause.

First though, fully charge the new battery to a measured 42 volts, then take it for a ride and let us know.
I feel like I should make a new post it's bad manners hijacking someone else post,

So the bike is fully charged 42v and showing full battery on the clock,
I double checked all the wiring made sure everything is connected correctly and tight,

When I turn on the bike it could knock off in a couple of seconds or stay on for 10 to 15 minutes

Any ideas

Thanks

grissgray

May 4, 2022
I think I might found the problem, it seems too knock off when the bike is been moved or bumped,
I think I have a loose wire in the display when I turn the handle bars it powers off and also its the only connector other then the power supple that if you disconnect and connect back together you need too power the bike back on

wish me luck

grissgray

May 4, 2022
I think I might found the problem, it seems too knock off when the bike is been moved or bumped,
I think I have a loose wire in the display when I turn the handle bars it powers off and also its the only connector other then the power supple that if you disconnect and connect back together you need too power the bike back on

wish me luck
Problem solved Thanks everyone for the help I'll do my best too help others