Battery question

Zeffer

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2014
Please direct me if this is an answered question, a few threads came very close but would like some specific help please.

My wife's e-bike has 24v 10ah battery and the range is about 20 miles as she really finds it hard to pedal a great deal.

We are trying to increase the range to go on longer rides. I can purchase another battery from Europe for 200 euros. If she carries that she'll get double the range with a change.

However, can I change the cells inside the case and increase the range? Is this fairly straight forward, I have no issues with soldering etc. And you guys helped me fix the bike a while back, so no qualms dabbling but not an electrical engineer either!

If possible please point me to a safe supplier. Otherwise I'll buy the spare battery!

Thanks!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The tabs need to be welded not soldered, Cwah and I think Kirstin make up their own packs. Probably best to buy a second battery, there is a thread linking to a company that recells but again its not very cheap.

Zeffer

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2014
Thanks for the info. May look at recelling as well, but spare battery could well be the way forward then.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Reactions: Zeffer

Advertisers