battery

davros

Just Joined
Oct 24, 2019
hi i am davros from pompey .
i brought a pedelease bike in july this year. the battery is a 48v 16ah 1000 . there are 4 little lights that show when battery is charged .i charge it over nite and when the indecatoer on battery charger goes green i undo it.it still only 3/4 lights go green n 1 red .when i take bike for a ride the lcd indicator speedometer is inconsidant goes up n down .can any one help . sorry about spelling. the bike has only 260 kilometers .

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
hi i am davros from pompey .
i brought a pedelease bike in july this year. the battery is a 48v 16ah 1000 . there are 4 little lights that show when battery is charged .i charge it over nite and when the indecatoer on battery charger goes green i undo it.it still only 3/4 lights go green n 1 red .when i take bike for a ride the lcd indicator speedometer is inconsidant goes up n down .can any one help . sorry about spelling. the bike has only 260 kilometers .
Hello

What you describe is pretty typical ( normal). The lcd is reading voltage at that moment which can fluctuate . For example, on a hill or in high PAS mode the amp draw can cause the voltage to lower (or sag).

davros

Just Joined
Oct 24, 2019
Hello

What you describe is pretty typical ( normal). The lcd is reading voltage at that moment which can fluctuate . For example, on a hill or in high PAS mode the amp draw can cause the voltage to lower (or sag).
hi where i like it has no hills and i only have it on eco

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You need to measure the voltage on the battery terminals immediately after unplugging the charger, then again if or when it cuts out.