Be careful at traffic lights !

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
It looks like the image quality will be very high but at the cost of file size :eek: . It's a pity it doesn't encode directly to Divx, that way you'd get a lot more on your card. For the price though it looks prety good, and you can always re-encode on the pc - nice find :) .

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
the image quality is surprisingly high. just did a mini review of our new 705Se and went for a spin. review was OK but on ride I only clipped it onto jacket, so view of the pavement only:rolleyes: I need to put it on helmet or handlebars.

just a bit of fun.......I have a top of the range Sony Hi-Def video camera but just to big to use except when away.

supose files to big to load on here? maybe just as well! lol

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
I tried the mini camcorder on the handle bar (actually, I used the provided clip to attach the video camera to the brake cables). There's far too much jerking movement on my non-suspended fork, and when driving on the snow (like today), I keep making steering adjustments left and right, so the captured image is too wobbly. The audio was pretty bad too because of the cables rubbing (the microphone is quite sensitive and will pick-up noises).

I then tried to attach the Mini-DV to my jacket (torso level). There was less vibrations and noise, but there was no guarantee as to what was being filmed ! :p By the way, the camera unit can be rotated on the clip so it's quite easy to adjust the direction the lens is pointing to.

I think the most stable location is head-mounted, and it means the camera will face wherever you're looking. I'll try that another time.

I love the fact that for 15GBP, you get all the attachments that normally have to be purchased separately to the Veho Muvi DV ("Sports Pack"). Great value for money !

++
Dan