Before I'm Shipped Off To the Gulag (AKA Loughborough)

C

Cyclezee

Just thougt I would take this opportunity to thank people for their support over the last few days on a thread that I dare not mention for fear of retribution of a most terrible kind. I'm worried I might end up with an electric chair instead of an electric bike:eek:
My PM box is 90% full of positive comments about my "negatively destructive" thread topic:confused:
Seems I am in a minority of a few more than 1:rolleyes:

John

P.S. If you don't hear from me again, you know what has happened, I've been grabbed by the pedelecs:(

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No chance of that happening John, there's no need to fall out over differences of opinions.

As I made clear on that thread which certainly can be mentioned, you are free to express your opinions as far as I am concerned, and I know with certainty that Russ the administrator is more liberal than me in that respect.

You may well have loads of support, but loads of people can be wrong of course.

The issue as I see it is one of reasonability, were the posts in question reasonable, and I think not for the following reasons.

You posted three threads in quick succession concerning 50cycles behaviour.

The first at 9.50 pm on the 25th was wondering where your free A to B magazine from 50cycles was. Since the offer was made after publication of the last A to B, and subscriptions tend to start from the next issue, the answer was obvious.

Seven minutes later that evening you posted critically on a 50cycles special offer, questioning the models they were making it on. That frankly is no-ones business except theirs. Walk into a store and have a go at the manager about which items have offers and you'll probably be firmly told to mind your own business, and shown the door if necessary.

Then first thing in the morning at 7.04 am before the sun was even up, you were back again, this time complaining of no warranty document from 50cycles. As an adult consumer, I'm sure you know as well as I do that warranty documents are produced by manufacturers and merely passed on by retailers, who rarely ever even see them, this being true of bikes as well. Therefore the bike manufacturer was the one to either complain of or contact direct, not the retailer.

So that's why I challenged. Not only was it a concentrated attack which is questionable, but all three threads were without basis as I've shown.

If you or any others still feel these postings reasonable, I question your judgement.

But in the final analysis, your judgment and opinions are your own, and there's no need for a falling out over any differences.

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

No chance of that happening John, there's no need to fall out over differences of opinions.

As I made clear on that thread which certainly can be mentioned, you are free to express your opinions as far as I am concerned, and I know with certainty that Russ the administrator is more liberal than me in that respect.

You may well have loads of support, but loads of people can be wrong of course.

The issue as I see it is one of reasonability, were the posts in question reasonable, and I think not for the following reasons.

You posted three threads in quick succession concerning 50cycles behaviour.

The first at 9.50 pm on the 25th was wondering where your free A to B magazine from 50cycles was. Since the offer was made after publication of the last A to B, and subscriptions tend to start from the next issue, the answer was obvious.

Seven minutes later that evening you posted critically on a 50cycles special offer, questioning the models they were making it on. That frankly is no-ones business except theirs. Walk into a store and have a go at the manager about which items have offers and you'll probably be firmly told to mind your own business, and shown the door if necessary.

Then first thing in the morning at 7.04 am before the sun was even up, you were back again, this time complaining of no warranty document from 50cycles. As an adult consumer, I'm sure you know as well as I do that warranty documents are produced by manufacturers and merely passed on by retailers, who rarely ever even see them, this being true of bikes as well. Therefore the bike manufacturer was the one to either complain of or contact direct, not the retailer.

So that's why I challenged. Not only was it a concentrated attack which is questionable, but all three threads were without basis as I've shown.

If you or any others still feel these postings reasonable, I question your judgement.

But in the final analysis, your judgment and opinions are your own, and there's no need for a falling out over any differences.
Sorry Flecc, no offense, but I think we will have to agree to differ with you on all of the above. That is all I have to say on the matter!

John

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Accepted John, it would be a dreadfully boring world if we all had identical opinions! Three postings in question, three cheers for variety of opinion. :).

C

Cyclezee

Not saying another word on this subject, just a futile attempt to have the last post:p

John

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
shadow boxing contest

the independant referee jumps inbetween the two gladiators and hold both hands aloft and declares "ITS A DRAW" !!!!!!! the two champions hug each other exchange xmas gifts and head off to stabucks for a coffee and reminiss about.......erm:rolleyes: ...bikes ;) ....the referee locks up the venue and heads off to the bookies...(drops the venue's keys) to bet on what day his quando will come.....
:eek: ..walks off with the last post !!!!:cool:

C

Cyclezee

Sorry Keith, not quite:p

By the way, what the heck have you been drinking, smoking, snorting or injecting and where can I get some:rolleyes:

John

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
its a mixture....7 days of high dose of co-codermol....5 days high dose of bran, liquorice,yohurt,lactulose solution,tangerines,senokot tablets....

make you up a batch ???? free post and packing :p

C

Cyclezee

From that I deduce you have a WiFi laptop and you must spend your life in the bathroom:eek: I don't think i need to know any more:)

John

Advertisers