Best emtb

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Research/development is a continual process, the end user will always have to keep paying. Any of todays products are out dated before they hit the market, but for some as they are the latest spec they are a must have item.

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
Nealh that’s a fair point but I’m not one of the must have the latest thing people
Like I said in my original post , I was looking for technology that was tried and tested .
Thanks

Reactions: Woosh

Lakester

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 20, 2020
Cornwall
I just came from a hardtail 29er MTB, a 10 year old Gary Fisher Xcaliber. This Weekend has been my first full FS eMTB experience and I can tell you: I’ve been missing out Like I had no idea! Like you it was the cost that was stopping me, I finally reached the point where I was going to go FS and the extra to get one with a motor was in reach. A LaPierre FS MTB next to the Powerfly 4 I bought on Friday was only £850 less. I just know I’m going to go further, try trails and hill tracks I couldn’t before, probably commute on it too, so to me the extra was finally worth it. My first couple of rides have been amazing!

Reactions: argoose

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
That sounds good
Going from a hard tail non ebike to a full sus ebike will be a totally different experience for you

Reactions: Lakester

eBike Battery Team

Official Trade Member
Nov 27, 2015
London
ebikebatteries.co.uk
If I had the money I would go for a Frey ex or the Frey am1000, both have the bafang ultra mid drive 160nm torque, and the price and specs blow most etmbs away
We are also very impressed with Frey's AM1000 - so much so that we are their UK distributor for this model:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

joelectric

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2019
Motherwell

eBike Battery Team

Official Trade Member
Nov 27, 2015
London
ebikebatteries.co.uk
The mark-up on that is crazy, I've been doing my research on these for the last month and you can get them from the UK already for about 2k cheaper than that.
Nothing wrong with covering your outlay and costs, but you need to improve that price mate.
We are a bona fide business registered in the UK and pay all relevant taxes to the UK government. We have stock onsite and having imported these bikes legitimately, we have paid shipping and insurance costs as well as the applicable import duty rate (6%), import VAT (20%) plus an exorbitant anti-dumping tax plus countervailing duty (topping 80%!!!) - on top of the purchase price...

We can assure you that the sums involved are eye watering and we simply cannot compete with the figures you mention - unless we sold at a loss :eek:

We pride ourselves on our exemplary customer service and technical expertise and anyone purchasing from us can do so with the utmost confidence, which is priceless in itself...

As a goodwill gesture, we are happy to offer Pedelecs members a 10% discount on the Frey AM1000 as we have always been very favourably received in the community. Presently, the bikes are available for collection only :)

eBike Battery Team

Official Trade Member
Nov 27, 2015
London
ebikebatteries.co.uk
Strictly speaking, no.

EAPCs – electric bikes or e-bikes – have to meet the following criteria in order to have the same legal standing as regular non-assisted bicycles and to be allowed on roads, bike paths and other places where bicycles are allowed under UK law.
  • Electric assistance can only be provided to a maximum of 25 km/h (15.5 mph)
  • The motor used must be of no more than 250 Watts (maximum continuous rated power)
  • The e-bike’s pedals must be in motion for motor assistance to be provided
  • The rider must be 14 years of age or over
Any electric bike that does not meet the EAPC rules is classed as a motorcycle or moped and needs to be registered and taxed and must be type approved. You’ll need a driving licence to ride one and you must wear a crash helmet.

Essentially, the Frey AM1000 is a high powered, high speed bike and is aimed at enthusiasts who can put it through its paces off road, on private land (with the landowner's permission of course) :)

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
Ok thanks for clarifying that.

I would be using an emtb at trail centres quite a lot so probably best avoid a bike like this.

I have heard a few grumbles at trail centres recently when using my analogue bike from folks who would rather emtbs were not allowed .

So it’s one thing removing the speed limiter on a legal bike, but starting off with one that it illegal to start with would maybe give the naysayers too much ammunition.

These bikes would be good fun for those who have access to private land

Also I think maybe this subject should be discussedon the speed pedelecs section

Thanks

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt

Related Articles

Advertisers