BH Neo Battery Problem

Msuter96

Just Joined
Jun 20, 2020
Hello

I habe a BH Emotion e bike and the battery was getting weak over years. Now i replaced all cells and build in a new BMS (not original).
Now my bike works good but it doesnt show the battery level on Display.
I think the bike gets the battery level out of the 8 Spring pins on the battery. At the moment they are not connected. Does anybody know which wire goes to which cell.

I got 2 Pictures of the pins

Thanks for your help

Greetings Marco

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
They look like communication wires and would have been specific to the old BMS and the BH system. The system will have been a CANbus type where the battery, controller and display all communicate with each other. Replacing the BMS with a generic one has now ruled this out, if you want a battery reading wire in a cheap £3 led/lcd voltage meter via the battery or controller +/- wiring.
The fact you have managed to re-cell the battery with only minor issues indicates the system was low in sophistication.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'm pretty sure that those pins are not connected to anything on the bike. Look at connector on the bike to see what wires are connected. On the ones I remember, only the two battery wires are connected. That means that the pins can only be used by some special diagnostic device for the battery. The display gets its charge level voltage directly from the wire that powers it, so your problem must be inside the LCD

I'm referring to the old BH Emotion Neo with the curved battery. I have never looked at any other models.

Advertisers