Bike camera

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
Can anyone recommend a forward facing camera that's unobtrusive, and doesn't require absurd amounts of mounting equipment.

Either for handlebars or helmet.

Is there anything out there that can clip on and off as easily as a bike light?

Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0222_03_01.JPG

most cheap action cams comes with all the mounts you will need but i cant even see it with it on but will depend on helmet.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I went with a chin mount like this one (not from this seller), the camera is easy to unclip and remove from it's waterproof housing. I used zipties and sticky pads instead of the straps:

Reactions: Kizza

Kizza

Pedelecer
Oct 28, 2017
London
I went with a chin mount like this one (not from this seller), the camera is easy to unclip and remove from it's waterproof housing. I used zipties and sticky pads instead of the straps:

Thanks, will check it out

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It's annoying that cheapo action cameras don't appear to have improved since I bought one about 18 months ago - whereas cellphone cameras have. :mad: The stabilisation on all of the cheapos cannot hold a candle to that of GoPros, which still have short battery life compared to the cheapos.

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
It's annoying that cheapo action cameras don't appear to have improved since I bought one about 18 months ago - whereas cellphone cameras have. :mad: The stabilisation on all of the cheapos cannot hold a candle to that of GoPros, which still have short battery life compared to the cheapos.
I know, I have the GoPro 7 Black. Great detail and stabilisation, but it does use three batteries when we’re out for the day.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for the tip about the battery life being shorter.
2 Possible power fixes which may help:-
1) USB Battery bank connected to the unit via a USB cable, or if on your helmet, place it in a pocket in your clothing. They are reasonably priced on Amazon and ebay.
2) There are 5 volt USB power sockets for e-bikes, that run off the bike battery. I have one on my bike for my phone and GPS Tracker, and it works well. Plus the small amount of power needed will not be noticed on any normal ride! But a tiny, tiny drop in range should be fully acceptable I feel!
regards
Andy