Bike repair stand diy or buy

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I want a bike repair stand so I can setup my Sram X9 Rear Derailleur and would ike it to lift the rear wheel off the floor or maybe both wheels.:confused:

D

Deleted member 4366

My friend Steve has a nice one. He hangs an old innertube over a rafter in his garrage and then you lift up the bike and hook the two ends of the innertube over the front of the saddle and the bike just hangs there slightly front down. The bike does swing around a bit, which is alright when there's two of us - one to steady the bike - but I guess you could put a rope around a chainstay and fix it to a hook on the wall to hold it steady enough to work on the bike. This solution costs virtually nothing, but you do have to wait a bit for the bike to stop bouncing. Maybe a hoop of rope would be better than an innertube - perhaps I'll tell him!
PS I think it only works for front hub motors depending on how your bike balances.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
Got this from ebay and it copes with both my electric bikes- easily handles my Izip 26 which weighs 37kgs !!!.
I have a problem with the Optibike being Aluminum Monocoque that most stand wont fit it :confused:

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
I want a bike repair stand so I can setup my Sram X9 Rear Derailleur and would ike it to lift the rear wheel off the floor or maybe both wheels.:confused:
a Park PCS 10 will lift your bike off the floor. it will attach to your seat post.
great piece of kit but as with all park stuff a bit pricey....

regards

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Points to a couple of house bricks.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
bike stand

You cold put rope over support above and loop rope under saddle and handlebars and lift or get assistance then pull and tie up. not perfect but works.