Help! Bike required for 30 mile West Yorkshire commute (round trip)

anonymous

Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2019
Hi,

I'd like to commute to work via ebike, using the komoot app given that Google maps wants me to go an A roads which is not very safe

I'd be travelling between Headingley, and Ben Rhydding, and back of course. I'd probably also require something for my lunch

I'm 27,1.69m tall, 86Kg :( I hope with cycling I could bring that weight down

I don't have a budget per se, however I've calculated that it costs at least £4.39/day in fuel between Headingley and Ben Rhydding

RE: safe storage. I could probably store it and work, and if it folds, maybe in my car? I currently drive a Prius, and in the future maybe a Lexus CT200h even if I barely drive atm..

I don't have a motorbike licence, nor did I pass before 2001 either which rules out pedelecs at least for the time being

As a kid, I rode £100 mountain bikes, as well as cheap £30 bikes I found on eBay.

Also, I'm not very handy RE: servicing, and would really need this all built for me too.

Not sure what other information I need to let people here know?

Last edited:

Zincy

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 24, 2019
Hi,

I'd like to commute to work via ebike, using the komoot app given that Google maps wants me to go an A roads which is not very safe

I'd be travelling between Headingley, and Ben Rhydding, and back of course. I'd probably also require something for my lunch

I'm 27,1.69m tall, 86Kg :( I hope with cycling I could bring that weight down

I don't have a budget per se, however I've calculated that it costs at least £4.39/day in fuel between Headingley and Ben Rhydding

RE: safe storage. I could probably store it and work, and if it folds, maybe in my car? I currently drive a Prius, and in the future maybe a Lexus CT200h even if I barely drive atm..

I don't have a motorbike licence, nor did I pass before 2001 either which rules out pedelecs at least for the time being

As a kid, I rode £100 mountain bikes, as well as cheap £30 bikes I found on eBay.

Also, I'm not very handy RE: servicing, and would really need this all built for me too.

Not sure what other information I need to let people here know?
I bought a woosh rio mtb and was probably in a similar boat to you -I.e. Just wanted to ride to work in good weather- without breaking too much of a sweat that warrants a shower.

I rode my rio woosh mtb to and from work [20 miles round trip] and can say that in the summer - you do break a sweat - not lots but heart definitely pumps - however - the ride is really fun and I found myself riding after work too and weekends just on local trips.

I haven't mustered the courage to ride in the winter so the bike is in hibernation but maybe one day.

Reactions: anonymous