bike spokes

billyboya

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2016
uk
I have replied by pm.
For benefit of others who may end up with similar issue then I can only say that the spoke laced through the hub (if a few spokes missing) is being threaded in to the wrong nipple. If the new spokes as you say are the same length then there is no other answer, when new to wheel building or replacing spokes it can be easy to make an error esp with a few missing spoke near to each other.

so sorry about that. but something said to me this cant be right, as the spoke lengths are same as the old ones. stupid me has put the spokes in wrong hole. I feel such a fool now and please accept my foolishness LOL.. all 3 spokes went in fine now, just flush with the rim. so screwed on the 3 nipples. and they flush now. would I need to tighten the 3 spokes which are all on same side of hub right up or just a small amount. I have now replaced the rim tape and tube plus the Tyre, and checked its not out of balance its definitely made a lot of difference to the wobble. and more or less no wobble now. just some fine tuning and it should be ok

Advertisers