Bit of a bummer.....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
On behalf of all of us who recorded f1 to watch this evening, thanks flecc:) .

Apologies, but I did wait until after both the first broadcast, the afternoon repeat and the various news program announcements of the results. The only safe way to avoid any result these days is not to use any form of media, including forums.

And as you've now realised, you didn't miss much. About as exciting as watching a funeral procession.

If only the Formula 1 bosses would wake up to the fact that the more they enforce straight-jacket rules on every tiny aspect of the sport, the less real competition is the outcome.

Reactions: D C and Cyclezee

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I dip in and out of F1 and haven't dipped in yet this season.

But it seems the 5Live trailers I've heard about 'real racing again' are at best exaggerated and at worst dishonest.

Semi-serious point here, Sky has been much criticised for portraying every football match it covers as a classic.

The BBC ought to be adhering to higher journalistic standards.

It's not rocket science, tell it how it is, not how you would like it to be.

Reactions: flecc and Cyclezee

lessped

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2007
Although a few of you already know the details, I thought I would just briefly explain my recent absence from the forum, I do, after all, count you as friends even though we might not have all met.
I had a total life changing moment in January when I was diagnosed with bowel cancer.
Since then I have moved to South Shields to be near my family.....and nearer the hospital !
Tomorrow I finish a course of Radiotherapy/Chemo and I actually feel not too bad considering.
My op should be in a couple of months.
In the meantime, as soon as I feel better I intend getting away in the van.....with bike.....for a few weeks, just trying to decide where....decisions decisions lol
But Im thinking France, or maybe Ireland, or Scotland or Denmark......dithering as usual ;)
So forgive me for abandoning you for a while, Paul is running Cyclecharge alone until Im back fighting fit and those of you who know me will also know that I intend that to be as soon as possible......Im a stubborn geordie and I will NOT be thwarted especially by this.
Anyway, hope you are all well and dont mind me sharing a bit of my life
Stay healthy

Lynda :)
All the best Lynda

Reactions: funkylyn

Advertisers