Bitter Sweet Symphony and bike for sale

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
Did you ever have one of those days where you get some great news that has side effects that you just dont want.

On Wednesday this week i was interviewed for a new job. The good news is that I got the job. The bad news is that its in central birmingham and im in Coventry. A rough calculation has shown it to be about 1hr 40 which is beyond where I want to go.

I doubt I can now justify an elctric bike but will be having a think about how I might use them going forward. Think I will sell the Torq immediately and possibly retain the agattu in the interim.

Given the generous contribution from my employer for the Torq I am only seeking to recover my investment in the bike which is £450. I have been out and tested the bike today on a full charge. It managed 14 miles ridden moped style with no contribution from me. I would imagine this will give well over 20 with moderate rider input. do also bear in mind that im bigger than most and weight has a big effect on battery consumption

It was delivered to me in November having been ordered in September and has done 400 miles or so. I have changed the front wheel to a marathon plus but the rear retains the kenda factory fitted tyre. the second marathon + which I never got round to fitting is also included in the sale as is the old kenda from the front.

front wheel is very slightly out of true but this is not unusual and does not affect performance.

I'm in coventry near M6 junction 2 and its buyer collects. It fits into the boot of my Mondeo with the seats down but please make sure you have appropriate transport if your consdidering it.

I am giving first refusal to all you pedelecers out there before it goes on the well known auction site.

Pictures Airzound horn is not included

pm me if interested

Last edited:

Footie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2007
Cornwall. PL27
Congratulations on the new job.
Shame about having to let your Torq go.
I'm sure someone will eagerly snap-it-up and give it a good home.
Sounds like you’re about to become a leisure rider ;)
It's not all bad - I'm one too :cool:
I say 'leisure rider' but in truth I use my electric bike as my main transport. In fact my campervan came out of the garden for it's MOT and went straight back in (hasn't been out since).
At least if you have problems while out (leisure cycling) it doesn't have an impact on your job - being late :eek:

Last edited:

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I have just purchased the torq, it turned out is the torq 2 with a new motor which i beleive is a better hillclimber,(unrestrictable although the new cyclepoint ones are supposed to be able to do 20mph anybody know how), ,and a disk brake,i had a ride about with paul before buying,and it seemed like a nice bike but it is difficult to see how good a bike is on previously unridden roads, it was lashing down with rain when i got home(typical),cant wait to try it out on my local roads and hills,i will submit a review when i have given it a good testing.