Blog entry with pics from my last ride out

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks Richard, nice account and photos of what must have been a very cold ride. I liked the shot of the red kite against an interesting sky background, you must have been keeping your eyes peeled.

You had me fooled for a moment at the start of your account since I live near West Wycombe too, but my one's in Kent, a long way from the A40. :)

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
My my....what a big hooter you have!.

The Red Kite looks very majestic, but I think the piece of ironmongery near the farm sign would have caught my own eye.

Thanks for sharing your ride, hopefully others will follow.

All the best

Bob

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, great photos of a very picturesque area Grandad.

Hope you are soon over the 'flu and out and about again.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
That's the kind of rides I like most. I would dearly love to do that one with the Mistral Long-ranger....with your goodself as a guide of course.

The first warm days of Spring are not too far away...plenty of time to recover from your 'flu.

Thanks for sharing Grandad

All the best

Bob

Edrich

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 11, 2008
Nice pictures, Grandad. Living nearby, I rode the stretch of the Tarka Trail from Torrington to Fremington last August on a borrowed "normal" bike. Now I've got motorised and I'm hoping to do the southern part sometime this year (which should be easy!)

Get well soon.

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
Wycombe? fair play mate, I remember a few years back riding from the outskirts of Reading to High Wycombe on my (unpowered!) Dawes Horizon in the middle of the night to find a rave in disused warehouse - went via the Thames path (to avoid the A roads) and got bogged down in the mud but got there in the end (good party that :D), and was the first proper distance I had covered on a bicycle..

wish e-bikes had been invented back then though...

Last edited:

Hooligooner

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2008
HP13
hooligooner.blogspot.com
Aye, Wycombe is a hilly town. There are two ways out on the flat, North to Princes Risborough or South to Bourne End; other than that it's a bit of a killer.

I've often thought it might be an ideal location for a pedelec rally a lá Tour de Presteigne, but close enough to London to be interesting.

Advertisers