Bosch Active Line Plus issue

Borisface

Just Joined
Dec 31, 2019
I have a Cube Town Sport Hybrid it has the Bosch Active Line Plus motor with a 500w battery and intuvia display. It has done about 2000 miles from new all on the road and in the dry. Recently it's developed a bit of an issue and the motor has been cutting out whilst riding. It has happened either when I have been moving up a power level prior to going up hill and usually after a period of freewheeling or downhill. Usually, the head unit still shows the remaining battery life, it just doesn't show the speed, although today the headset turned itself off completely. If I cycle through the functions on the head unit or turned if off and on it has righted itself. I've checked the wiring that I can see and it seems fine, I have also lubricated the contacts for the headset and battery with switch lubricant but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I've had no error codes and the battery life is still good and charged. Any ideas?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I have a Cube Town Sport Hybrid it has the Bosch Active Line Plus motor with a 500w battery and intuvia display. It has done about 2000 miles from new all on the road and in the dry. Recently it's developed a bit of an issue and the motor has been cutting out whilst riding. It has happened either when I have been moving up a power level prior to going up hill and usually after a period of freewheeling or downhill. Usually, the head unit still shows the remaining battery life, it just doesn't show the speed, although today the headset turned itself off completely. If I cycle through the functions on the head unit or turned if off and on it has righted itself. I've checked the wiring that I can see and it seems fine, I have also lubricated the contacts for the headset and battery with switch lubricant but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I've had no error codes and the battery life is still good and charged. Any ideas?
We have had similarish issues with an older Motus with rack battery bike.

Part of the issue is that the rack mounting system is poorly designed, so it is easy to fit the battery so that it makes contact but is not properly secured. This obviously damages the contacts after a time. A very careful clean plus switch cleaner resolved that for us, together with extra care when mounting the battery.

The connections to the display unit are sometimes not that good either. There has been a thread about that which I can't find; apparently there are two slightly different designs of display unit holder and one is more reliable than the other.

Usually, the head unit still shows the remaining battery life On ours even if you forget to fit the battery at all, or if the head unit is not on its mount, the head unit still shows the charge last seen.

Reactions: Borisface

Borisface

Just Joined
Dec 31, 2019
We have had similarish issues with an older Motus with rack battery bike.

Part of the issue is that the rack mounting system is poorly designed, so it is easy to fit the battery so that it makes contact but is not properly secured. This obviously damages the contacts after a time. A very careful clean plus switch cleaner resolved that for us, together with extra care when mounting the battery.

The connections to the display unit are sometimes not that good either. There has been a thread about that which I can't find; apparently there are two slightly different designs of display unit holder and one is more reliable than the other.

Usually, the head unit still shows the remaining battery life On ours even if you forget to fit the battery at all, or if the head unit is not on its mount, the head unit still shows the charge last seen.
Thanks for your reply. I'll give the contacts a good clean and see where I go from there.