Help! Bosch cx cracking noise

PJ57

Just Joined
May 14, 2020
Hi all
New to this forum and first question
I have a Scott e bike with a Bosch cx motor about 3 years old. When I put the motor under load say when going up hill I get cracking noise from the the crank? every rotation. This only happens when the motor is under high load and not at any other time. Bearing comes to mind yet its not overly noisy. Will be investigating the weekend and compare motor to my partners nearly new Bosch motor. This problem has been getting steadily worse over the last 6 months so investigating ideas and what the fault could be replies would be appreciated :)

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi all
New to this forum and first question
I have a Scott e bike with a Bosch cx motor about 3 years old. When I put the motor under load say when going up hill I get cracking noise from the the crank? every rotation. This only happens when the motor is under high load and not at any other time. Bearing comes to mind yet its not overly noisy. Will be investigating the weekend and compare motor to my partners nearly new Bosch motor. This problem has been getting steadily worse over the last 6 months so investigating ideas and what the fault could be replies would be appreciated :)
Can you possibly make a video with sound? Probably not easy, but it might help your case.
The best I could do is to say please watch these, maybe your noise is also here and you might recognise it-
Andy

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there are 3 bolts that hold the motor to the frame try those first as 1 could be a bit loose and making the noise

Reactions: Muddyfox

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
there are 3 bolts that hold the motor to the frame try those first as 1 could be a bit loose and making the noise
Agree with the above, my Activeline plus was making the same noise and it was a very slightly loose bolt as stated, bit of a tighten and cured.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Take the motor mounting bolts out. Clean and grease them. Reassemble and re-tighten.