Bosch drive unit maintenance kit

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yes you will need a puller to remove it from the shaft if it is not left in the casing or you can tap it off with a hammer.

all the press is is a hydraulic pump so not much to go wrong there but some bits are expensive but a socket set imo can do most of it as what i use on my ses wheel when the bearing needs replacing.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
However, if we fit this for you, we will offer our own 12 month Performance Line Bearings parts and labour warranty. Fitting cost £21.00 +p&p

yet if you want a software update from a bosch dealer its 45 quid to plug in a usb cable :rolleyes:

Bearing Man

Trade Member
Oct 3, 2018
I did a little video too

Nov 24, 2018
Another great vid Pete...I keep watching these on a regular basis and in 2 yrs time I'll be maybe ready to have a bash!!(Or I'll stick £3 a week in a tin and pay you to do it lol)
Can't that gear with the "bit nobody should touch" be cleaned and regreased or something?
I've got the new "Dayglo green"grease from Bosch and it's not melting out of the bike where I've packed it like SilverHook did. Do you plan to stock it and in bigger tubes than the 20g mine came in??

Bearing Man

Trade Member
Oct 3, 2018
Another great vid Pete...I keep watching these on a regular basis and in 2 yrs time I'll be maybe ready to have a bash!!(Or I'll stick £3 a week in a tin and pay you to do it lol)
Can't that gear with the "bit nobody should touch" be cleaned and regreased or something?
I've got the new "Dayglo green"grease from Bosch and it's not melting out of the bike where I've packed it like SilverHook did. Do you plan to stock it and in bigger tubes than the 20g mine came in??
Thank you for your compliment Barrio. I know what you mean about the grease! I have just taken delivery of the new stuff and was very upset with the size of the tubes. If I find out what it is? I will see about getting larger quantities ;)

Nov 24, 2018
Yeah, I had a long running thread on here about a kit I got from Germany, feel a bit guilty about hassling them(the 20g tube looked nothing like the big one in the advert!)- and they sent another kit but still 20g. I used under a half tube to do the main motor bearing behind the dust deal and filled around the crankshaft to the circlip only not the outer edge. The grease must be more viscous or sticky though, surely must be an alternative grease with same/similar spec?

Related Articles

Advertisers