bosch kiox usb cable, cant use standard ones can they ffs

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
as ever they have decided to use the one format connector know one knows even exists as cant just use a type c as everything else :rolleyes:

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
How would they extract more money from you if it had just a standard usb connector?

Did you know the Russian tanks invading Ukraine also have Bosch components despite it being illegal to export them to Russia for military vehicles.

I also remember they had a spy at Dyson years ago.

Bosch seems to be a company with some very anti-consumer policies especially if you consider making weapons that blow up civilians anti-consumer.

• Informative
  • :D
Reactions: Fordulike and POLLY

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i dont need the cable but my bike needs a dealer update for some reason £££, they have the software but dont have the right cable to plug it in! lmfao lol :rolleyes:

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
i dont need the cable but my bike needs a dealer update for some reason £££, they have the software but dont have the right cable to plug it in! lmfao lol :rolleyes:
Do you need the update? It could be something detrimental like anti-hacking software that is more likely to lock you out of your ebike. I'd want to make sure there are advantages before upgrading. It could be to reduce the likelihood of a fault but could also be motivated by their commercial interests.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have a brand new cx motor from peter with the latest update and was using the purion display with no problems, i then got a kiox display and now ebike mode is back and shows needs a dealer update every time i power it on.

bike works fine but fkn annoying and the shop wants £30 to push some buttons and the only bosch dealer round here with the software and no cable for my display lol.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
the only bosch dealer round here with the software and no cable for my display lol.
What sort of dealer does not have the equipment to work on the bikes they service? not sure I would trust them with your bike SW. What's in thier workshop? a pair of pliers and a 5mm allen key? :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i found another bosch dealer only 5 mins up the road as a new ebike shop has opened up buy the garden center so see what they say when i can be bothered to ride up there lol.

Related Articles

Advertisers