Bosch performance line v Cx

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
How much difference is there in terms of performance between these two motors? I have seen a brand new AVE 2016 bike which is very well equipped for the price. I imagine it must be at least 18 months old. Will the battery have come to harm through lack of use?

Steve

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Having owned both, I actually quite like the Performance Line over the CX, or at least for when riding in the UK.

The main reason being that the Performance Line is certainly more frugal in respect of draining the battery, and achieving range. Any short fall in NM can reasonably be compensated for with gearing. Having said that, it has been a very long time since having ridden a bike with the Performance Line motor, so I might well feel differently if I were to now try a bike that is fitted with the drive unit, but I doubt it.

Much is spouted about NM, but certainly for my use, it isn't an issue.

It would be if I were riding in the Alps more than two weeks of the year that I currently do, where you could be taking on 1,600ft of elevation gain over just 1.5 miles, but for the bulk of the year in the UK where my average elevation is just 1,200ft per 10 miles, it is no big deal.

I'm afraid that I can't help in respect of the dormant battery though.

Related Articles

Advertisers