Bosch power pack 400 rack mount hard to remove

shueyh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 28, 2011
Hi I have a Cube GTS with a rack mounted Bosch power pack. I have found that the battery is really hard to remove. It requires 2 people one to hold the bike turn the key and hold it in the open position while the other pulls really hard.

Any fixes for this would be appreciated
Thanks

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The rear rack Bosch battery holder is really badly designed; at least, on our 2016 Motus, but I think the mount is the same on most Bosch rack batteries. It is much worse than our (Chinese designed?) frame battery holder which just lets the battery slip into the correct place every time.

My main quibble is that it is very easy to get it almost correctly located but not quite. Connection is still made, still locked at the front, but it has lots of movement at the back and is (as you describe) very difficult to get out. I'm sure its damaging the connectors too.

My current way to get it located it to put in on the rack so it is a couple of inches from being closed, then let it rest, and then push it into place from the back (neither lifting the back up nor pushing it down). Putting it in in a single movement is very prone to error; too high at the back, too low at the back.

If the issue isn't with getting it placed exactly try a little Vaseline or a tiny smear of light grease on the runners.

shueyh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 28, 2011
Hi Thanks for the reply, on closer inspection it appears its sticking on the rack just as its about to connect so my fear was the terminals were bent is unfounded. As you suggest Ill try a bit of vaseline on it.

Thanks again

D

Deleted member 25121

This sounds similar to my 500W packs that clip into the bike's from. I found the release mechanism to be very fiddly to begin with until I found the knack of knowing where to push and where to pull.

• Disagree
Reactions: Amoto65