UK
Good
Serves the little arse hole right
I hope they crushed the scooter as well

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If he's anything like some of the teenagers I've known around here, it wouldn't surprise me if he regards having six points as a badge of honour, something none of his mates have achieved.

The points will be academic in a year or so when he's racing a car around unlicenced and uninsured.

Today is a different world.

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
So I assume he will apply for a provisional licence at 16 so he can get rid of the points as soon as possible.

• Agree

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
So I assume he will apply for a provisional licence at 16 so he can get rid of the points as soon as possible.
Likely that the clock will start running straight away. DVLA create a 'shadow' licence for those that don't have one.

• :D

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The wording is ' points will be added to any future license when applied for '.

• Agree
Reactions: Fat Rat and flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Remember he was only prosecuted for the same offences anyone riding a deristricted ebike would be.
True but was more conspicuous probably due to his age and the high speed he was deemed to be travelling at. Also these are pedal less so propulsion will be known not be of rider input.

Typically because of the size of these scooters they will also appear to be a lot quicker then a ridden ebike and appear to have generally a higher unsafe speed then your typical ebike even derestricted.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Nearly as bad as a recent leaner driver prosecuted for his driving, trying to evade police at up to 85mph including driving on wrong side of the road etc,etc. Police gave up the chase for safety reasons.
I think he was given a 4 months detention and a measly 2 year driving ban.

Advertisers