Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I wonder much much of brexit is down to personal ambition by second rank tories MPs.
Somewhere out there the real reason for it lies, these clowns are just surfing on the wave after all, not realising they are heading for rocks rather than a beach.

I rather hope Boris and Gollum are successful, it would be appropriate that the mess lands in their laps where it belongs after all.

The few Conservative politicians capable of long term thinking must be pleased two such obvious fall guys have volunteered to take the flak. ( or rather been bluffed into thinking it's a good career move)

Now begins, slowly but surely the campaign to rejoin the EU after Brexit, and the stumbling blocks to ensure it's failure have been conned into taking pole position on the grid for the Demolition Derby.
Sacrificial Lambs, the pair of them!
(Make that goats staked out as Tiger Bait)

I have to wonder, did Ghastly Grease Smug talk them into it as part of his long term plan to be PM?
I looks like his style at work in the background.

Excellent!

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Boris Johnson and Michael Gove have rekindled their Brexit partnership
why don't the pair of them just get a job suited to their talents?
There is only one such job, but unfortunately being a confidence trickster is illegal.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
We have not had any Tories for years. The party was hijacked by Cultural Marxists a long time ago."
It doesn't matter which name anyone appends to the tory party, these creatures never change their spots.

The accompanying pictures demonstrate perfectly how the aristocracy dealt with their perceived threat to their supremacy in the early 20th century and we saw similar brutality again used by their parliamentary representatives in the miners' and print unions' disputes of the 1970s and 1980s.

It is also how the aristocracy dealt with the Scots and the Irish, not forgetting the Argentinians in 1982. It is the only way the aristocracy know to keep people in line but it should come as no surprise to anyone who understands how the aristocracy came to be what it is today. Tony Benn explained it when he eschewed his heritage and chose to conduct his political career as a commoner and it's freely available to anyone wishing to learn more.

21752059_1880670292249509_5785020720559309185_n.jpg
21728301_885771404915114_7452704309083613554_n.jpg

The people who are determined to see the UK out of the EU are not looking after the rights or well-being of the commoners; they are looking after their own elite group.

This article reflects the reality of what is happening to ordinary working people today as a result of the actions of those creatures.

auf-wiedersehen-pret-london-warned-of-brexit-exodus-of-eu-workers-a3635751.html

Tom

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It has been said here that the EU needs the UK's money or it will go bust. The amount missing works out to about 363 million € per country. Does that sound like a lot when compared to a countries budget?

I think that the larger economies can find an extra billion € to keep the budget afloat until the next one and the little ones can chip their bit. After all your PM found a billion for NI didn't she?

We don't need your money, the current budget will be a little bit harder to balance but the next one will do without your 9.7 billion € contribution. Compare it to the 317 billion € Greek national debt for example...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The political weasel and man for all season, Vince Cable, has found some humour in his description of the total ignoramus, Johnson:

View attachment 21269

Here is the link:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sir-vince-cable-boris-johnson-poundland-donald-trump-brexit-liberal-democrat-lib-dem-conference-a7950631.html

Tom
I like this bit
"Mr Johnson said any attempt by the UK to remain in the EU single market and customs union would make a “complete mockery” of the referendum result. "

Oxymoron Warning: " Making a Mockery of the referendum result"

Clearly he believes that it is possible to improve something that is already perfect in that regard, and always has been from the start.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Boris should heed the old Confucian proverb and not be too ambitious for the truth is this

Weasels may not rise to great heights of power and influence yet they thrive.
On the other hand they rarely get sucked into jet engines.

The impending Fate of the current PM. is the exception that proves the rule.
And the idea that Gove and he colluded on this is blown out of the water in the Guardian

"And although there were claims that Michael Gove backed Johnson over the decision to lay out his views on Brexit just days before May’s critical speech, a spokesman said: “The first Michael knew about Boris’s article was when it was published on Friday night.”

How does "Pound Land Trump" Boris survive?

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
It has been said here that the EU needs the UK's money or it will go bust. The amount missing works out to about 363 million € per country. Does that sound like a lot when compared to a countries budget?
It's not that simple. Many countries (18 out of 28) within the EU are not contributors, they receive more from the EU than they pay in and that is probably a strong reason why they are members. The money being a kind of sweetener during an aggressive expansion policy.

The UK is a big contributor, its right up there near the top and if or when that money dries up, it will create a problem. You can not simply say to one of the previously bribed nations that they will no longer receive the handout and, oh by-the-way, we now want at least €360 000 000 from you. Germany & France will have to shoulder the majority of burden and their people will lap that up like they are drinking from a bucket of cold sick. And then when Greece go bust again, which they will, and Portugal, and Spain and Italy....... The EU despeately needs the massive payment which it is demanding from the UK when it leaves.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It's not that simple. Many countries (18 out of 28) within the EU are not contributors, they receive more from the EU than they pay in and that is probably a strong reason why they are members. The money being a kind of sweetener during an aggressive expansion policy.
Every country contributes! Some get more back than they contribute but never more than their share of the running costs of the EU. The surplus is the common agricultural policy payoffs, including to very rich English landowners, and investment in infrastructure in under developed regions. That is the money that seems to annoy bojo because the central UK government doesn't have control over which poor areas (Wales for example) gets money to improve the quality of life of the lower classes.

The agressive expansion was pushed forward by the UK.

Those are the well documented facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

The UK is a big contributor, its right up there near the top and if or when that money dries up, it will create a problem. You can not simply say to one of the previously bribed nations that they will no longer receive the handout and, oh by-the-way, we now want at least €360 000 000 from you. Germany & France will have to shoulder the majority of burden and their people will lap that up like they are drinking from a bucket of cold sick. And then when Greece go bust again, which they will, and Portugal, and Spain and Italy....... The EU despeately needs the massive payment which it is demanding from the UK when it leaves.
Perhaps it does, but in no way does it need it as much as we do access to the EU Markets,no contest there at all.
We have simply made a collective fool of ourselves by leaving and can't bear to admit the truth.
All a big mistake, Brexit; a demonstration of how easily misled the UK voters are, and even after it becomes so plain we are heading into trouble that no one can possibly misunderstand the situation, they simply refuse to learn, hoping somehow, something will come up, clinging to the promises and lies repeated by the very villains of the piece that conned them in the first place.
Something will and is coming up alright....big trouble.....

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Perhaps it does, but in no way does it need it as much as we do access to the EU Markets,no contest there at all.
we shouldn't have to pay to access the single market.
For goods, accessing the single market = customs union.
For that, the EU collects 80% of duty collected by the UK, that should be more than sufficient to pay for all staff employed to deal with WTO countries.
We should pay and participate in most EU current projects. That's roughly about £5 billions a year, plus a little contribution to the European stability fund.
It is very important for the EU to keep the UK in its customs union, it's more than the customs levy, it's the volume of trade. If the UK leaves the EU customs union, the importance of the EU in terms of trade will fall from 20% to 15% (of world trade). It won't impress its worldwide partners as much.
There are dreamers on both sides of the channel. For both our sakes, those fundamentalists should be kept in check.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Every country contributes! Some get more back than they contribute but never more than their share of the running costs of the EU.
If I give someone a deep sea diver (five pound note), and they give me a tenner in return, that's a hand out. I'm not contributing to the generous fellow's wealth.

I agree with you regarding wealthy U.K. Landowners reaping in money from the EU. That's a scandal.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
we shouldn't have to pay to access the single market.
For goods, accessing the single market = customs union.
For that, the EU collects 80% of duty collected by the UK, that should be more than sufficient to pay for all staff employed to deal with WTO countries.
We should pay and participate in most EU current projects. That's roughly about £5 billions a year, plus a little contribution to the European stability fund.
It is very important for the EU to keep the UK in its customs union, it's more than the customs levy, it's the volume of trade. If the UK leaves the EU customs union, the importance of the EU in terms of trade will fall from 20% to 15% (of world trade). It won't impress its worldwide partners as much.
There are dreamers on both sides of the channel. For both our sakes, those fundamentalists should be kept in check.
Too late, the Fundamentalists pulled off Brexit.
Self harm for no good reason.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
As the evil, fascist, tory government continues with its nonsensical drive towards withdrawing from the EU on behalf of the few plus the nation's simpletons, this still continues to happen to members of the public. If you voted tory....ever, you are responsible for this disgraceful behaviour by a department of state:

21743006_1449336078437280_205725261653486135_n.jpg

'To all who know me and know my wife Julie, the Government have in their wisdom taken Julie off her employment and support allowance due to an oversight on my behalf and now has been given her P45 to start looking for a job/work.
Julie is a tetraplegic due to hypoxic brain damage and can't do anything for herself. Julie will be attending the job centre on Monday morning after the miracle worker has been and rid her of her disabilities.

For some who are wondering what my oversight was it is as follows............ I received the letter asking for Julie to attend an interview..........I put that letter in a safe place and on the morning of the interview I forgot all about it, I received a letter to explain why she didn't attend, so I told the truth and said that I had forgotten, they sent out a reply stating that they were not accepting my reason and removed Julie from her benefit, I appealed for the decision to be changed and a new interview to take place, yesterday I received there reply that they were sticking to the original decision and removed Julies benefits.'

This is not just one of a handful of cases where some public servant has made a clerical error; it one of tens of thousands of similar stories reported across the country - it is a policy directive by this government! People affected by such treatment have been dying in their thousands since this tory government implemented this savings policy. Some have literally starved to death.

Rather than starve to death, many have taken their own life and people need to think very deeply about the motives of a government which acts in such a way as to cause this. In my view, any country that treats its citizens in such a way is only a small step away from a 'final solution' approach towards creating a master race comprising the wealthy elite. All others capable of work will be forced to do only that with no human rights, let alone any workplace rights, or any ability to gather together as a union or representative body of any kind.

Now where have we witnessed that before?

Tom

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Advertisers