Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is silly stuff OG. Those of us pro-Brexit are from being as blinkered as you suggest and will argue valid points from both sides. I've not heard blanket acceptance of all that is Brexit on here but you can't say that for the remainers can you? Nothing is perfect in this life, we all need to make choices and I stand by mine.
Do you really think that the 17 million who voted for Brexit were not Blinkered?
Tell me were they clairvoyant and knew what the consequences of the Vote to leave wwould be, when all they had to go on was the lies and promises of second rate Politicians who have reneged on the promises they made?

I prefer to believe they were mislead, as the alternative is to believe that they are a bit Dim.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom and robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Clearly, the imbecilic 'Brexidiots' who insist on spouting their fascist bile in their efforts to discredit the anti-'Brexit' lobby are beyond redemption.

History informs us how fascists behave and the godless scum bereft of empathy for their fellow man are acting true to type in this thread.

Tom
The trouble is Tom when you accuse people of being fascist or racist or xebophobic when they actually aren't lets the people who are carry on. In this way your posts actually support the real racists.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And OG agrees with this bile ??? I don't think you actually do but you cant give it a dont agree OG..
You are the one incapable of seeing bad in anyone remotely supporting your cause..even when that support is actually damaging it.
Now you are really scratching at the bottom of the barrel, you really really should read and remember the contents of my posts.
Tell me which statement Monbiot made was untrue?
Come on. prove your case.
Stop being evasive

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
He presents a very strong logically generated case which invites a response so come on then.. those who believe that the" elite" is doing a good job, now is a good time to respond.
You know the right wingers will simply avoid answering your invitation and fall back on Bluster and attacking Monbiot on a personal basis.
They have no answer that makes sense to counter his accusations.

• Agree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Do you really think that the 17 million who voted for Brexit were not Blinkered?
Tell me were they clairvoyant and knew what the consequences of the Vote to leave wwould be, when all they had to go on was the lies and promises of second rate Politicians who have reneged on the promises they made?

I prefer to believe they were mislead, as the alternative is to believe that they are a bit Dim.
You would say that and if I were so inclined, I'm not, I could equally say that those that voted to stay were equally misled and told horrible things would happen to to them and their families. Far, far worse and it would seem that it is you who believed it all.. I took Brexit with a pinch of salt.

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I must be catching you up! so far nothing you have offered has made sense, has it?
So Tom has ?
I strongly suspect you actually disapprove of Tom's last post. ( his racist garbage one)
You cant bring yourself to either hit the disagree imoji or tell him you dont agree. Why ? Because you do not practice what you preach.

You actually support Tom,s outbursts by not condemning them.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and PeterL

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You know the right wingers will simply avoid answering your invitation and fall back on Bluster and attacking Monbiot on a personal basis.
They have no answer that makes sense to counter his accusations.
Liam Fox being a real live fox is rather childish..but I suppose you missed that bit.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You would say that and if I were so inclined, I'm not, I could equally say that those that voted to stay were equally mislead and told horrible things would happen to to them and their families. Far, far worse and it would seem that it is you who believed it all..
Actually as usual you are completely wrong, nothing that a Conservative politician said before the referendum either for or against Brexit passed the credibility test, but the lies on the leave side appealed more to people fed up with the present Government and the Honeyed promises appealed to them.
From my own point of view the whole Parliamentary Circus in this country is a failure and it all needs completely revising to serve the needs of the people.
So what happened? all power has been passed to the worst of a bad lot to work their mischief, and even bigger mistake than leaving the EU

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Actually as usual you are completely wrong, nothing that a Conservative politician said before the referendum either for or against Brexit passed the credibility test, but the lies on the leave side appealed more to people fed up with the present Government and the Honeyed promises appealed to them.
From my own point of view the whole Parliamentary Circus in this country is a failure and it all needs completely revising to serve the needs of the people.
So what happened? all power has been passed to the worst of a bad lot to work their mischief, and even bigger mistake than leaving the EU
I notice you conveniently forgot to condone Tom and his racist, brexidiot post..so you do agree with Tom ?
You haven't hit the disagree OG..
You think myself and Peter are racist idiots ??

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So Tom has ?
I strongly suspect you actually disapprove of Tom's last post. ( his racist garbage one)
You cant bring yourself to either hit the disagree imoji or tell him you dont agree. Why ? Because you do not practice what you preach.

You actually support Tom,s outbursts by not condemning them.
Tom is an independent contributor, and so am I.
You do not have any authority to demand that I react in any way.
Keep that in mind in future
When I support something I'll indicate it, just as I will when I disapprove, and I will not react either way when it suits me.
frankly I disapprove very strongly of your assuming you have to right to tell me how I should react to the actions of others.
Getting ideas above your station there, look to your own moral standards before you question mine.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I notice you conveniently forgot to condone Tom and his racist, brexidiot post..so you do agree with Tom ?
You haven't hit the disagree OG..
You think myself and Peter are racist idiots ??
Because I chose not to, which means nothing ether way and is none of your business is it?

• Agree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Some merit in that and when I ask myself who is the more likely to deliver I am firmly on the side of Brexit and the opportunity it presents us. I do not buy into your constant rantings about the privileged rich and famous. I see that as little more than a sideline which has no real bearing on my life or indeed most others. If, they were to go too far then 'we' (another one for you) are quite capable of doing something about it. Zimbabwe sets the scene. That will not happen because a bunch of Left Wingers might think it a good idea, that's simply the politics of envy and of no value whatsoever and will always be seen as such by anyone with a broad view - most of us.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Tom is an independent contributor, and so am I.
You do not have any authority to demand that I react in any way.
Keep that in mind in future
When I support something I'll indicate it, just as I will when I disapprove, and I will not react either way when it suits me.
frankly I disapprove very strongly of your assuming you have to right to tell me how I should react to the actions of others.
Getting ideas above your station there, look to your own moral standards before you question mine.
That's justifying being two faced OG. You either agree with Tom or do not. For goodness sake you are straight enough with Peter and myself and would without doubt jump onto the disagree emoji if either of us made such statements. I had you better than that.
And yes, It has an awful lot to do with me. Had Peterl or Tillson or anybody else labelled leaver or remainer a racist or idiot I,d say it was uncalled for. Your refusal to condemn it supports it. And you know it and its exactly why it has continued.
Dual standards OG. You surprise me.
You have jumped straight to aid of Tom over Mobiot but completely ignored his appalling posts, not because you believe in right and wrong but because Tom is a remainer.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Some merit in that and when I ask myself who is the more likely to deliver I am firmly on the side of Brexit and the opportunity it presents us. I do not buy into your constant rantings about the privileged rich and famous. I see that as little more than a sideline which has no real bearing on my life or indeed most others. If, they were to go too far then 'we' (another one for you) are quite capable of doing something about it. Zimbabwe sets the scene. That will not happen because a bunch of Left Wingers might think it a good idea, that's simply the politics of envy and of no value whatsoever and will always be seen as such by anyone with a broad view - most of us.
Ok lets try and discover what these opportunites are that you mentioned.
When and how and what are they?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That's justifying being two faced OG. You either agree with Tom or do not. For goodness sake you are straight enough with Peter and myself and would without doubt jump onto the disagree emoji if either of us made such statements. I had you better than that.
What is your problem? you do not have any control over what I say or do, isn't that simple enough?
I simply do not want to get involved as there is no reason to do so, in the same way when you go on about sport, you will note i don't get involved then either.
My Choice to make, not yours to dictate.

• Agree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Because I chose not to, which means nothing ether way and is none of your business is it?
Obviously not, but it certainly gives us an indication of the sort of bed-fellows you keep. I personally still object strongly to being called a Racist and Scum and in the absence of any moderation on this Forum we will inevitably have the occasional spat. For your part the tendency is to call into question the intelligence of anyone who dare oppose you. At this moment in time you have the comfort of reflection on the status-quo whereas we have only wishful thinking. Wonderful thing, wishful thinking and I would offer that for some people that is all they have - you can only offer more of the same.

• Disagree
Reactions: oldtom

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
What is your problem? you do not have any control over what I say or do, isn't that simple enough?
I simply do not want to get involved as there is no reason to do so, in the same way when you go on about sport, you will note i don't get involved then either.
My Choice to make, not yours to dictate.
Give up wriggling OG. You know full well the point I am making. It has nothing to do with free speech.
You are actually telling me you are incapable of criticising poor behaviour if its from a remainer. I don't believe you.

This post was left un rated by you.

Clearly, the imbecilic 'Brexidiots' who insist on spouting their fascist bile in their efforts to discredit the anti-'Brexit' lobby are beyond redemption.

History informs us how fascists behave and the godless scum bereft of empathy for their fellow man are acting true to type in this thread.
End quote

Now look back and examine the replies and ratings you have given to Peterl and myself ( and,Tillson) over the thread ???
Then tell.me you know difference between right and wrong and that you are objective.
You are saying negative on both counts.?
Like I said, I thought you were one of good guys, even when we disagree. I must be wrong .

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Obviously not, but it certainly gives us an indication of the sort of bed-fellows you keep. I personally still object strongly to being called a Racist and Scum and in the absence of any moderation on this Forum we will inevitably have the occasional spat. For your part the tendency is to call into question the intelligence of anyone who dare oppose you. At this moment in time you have the comfort of reflection on the status-quo whereas we have only wishful thinking. Wonderful thing, wishful thinking and I would offer that for some people that is all they have - you can only offer more of the same.
Not you as well? Tom and I are not "Bedfellows" and never have been, we are completely independent.
This is interesting
"At this moment in time you have the comfort of reflection on the status-quo whereas we have only wishful thinking. Wonderful thing, wishful thinking and I would offer that for some people that is all they have - you can only offer more of the same"

How do you balance that against your previous statement
"This is silly stuff OG. Those of us pro-Brexit are from being as blinkered as you suggest and will argue valid points from both sides.

Hmm so "Wishful thinking" counts as "Valid points" even though there is no evidence whatsover in favour of a succesful outcome compared with " the comfort of looking back on the Status Quo"

In other words you Gambled with the Future of the Nation on the basis of Wishful Thinking?

Advertisers