Brexit, for once some facts.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Errrrm..OK.......

"Few industries face greater direct impact from Brexit than agriculture and Scottish farmers warn that their sector is already fragile. The net income from the agriculture industry in Scotland dropped from £837m in 2013 to an estimated £667m in 2015.

Nearly three-quarters of that net income came from subsidies, according to the NFUS, meaning any reduction of CAP payments could render many farms completely unviable. The single market is also crucial, with Scotland’s non-whisky food exports to the EU worth £724m in 2015, more than two-thirds of the total sold outside the UK. "

Sounds reasonable.....:rolleyes:
Which is surprising that so many farmers voted to Brexit???
KudosDave

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Which is surprising that so many farmers voted to Brexit???
KudosDave
Possibly the reason is that in the UK there are not many farmers... There are farms owned by conglomerates and consortia, run by managers and employing workers. There are not a lot of managers , who would know the value of the cap, and a lot of workers who are kept ignorant of these financial matters, and who would have seen a reduction in foreign workers as a boost to their own earning power.
In Ireland both north and south there is a tradition of family run farms, so more people will be aware of the economics.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
A correction, you were not 'born white', race is a hypothetical construct without any basis in fact. You may have assumed an ethnic identity on the basis of all kinds of misleading information (do you read the sun?) but don't let that shackle you (it too has no basis in fact).
Something else occurred to me - I don't know whether you're homophobic, but you may be phobic (in the irrational aversion for unthreatening experiences sense, you are the one making the distinctions (white, non-white; hetero, homosexual). If one does not create artificial dichotomies one does not trapped in binary thinking and labels. Which does bring to mind Brexit, the problem with artificial dichotomies being that they can have real consequences (you could spend the rest of your days feeling blue for labouring under the delusion that you're a maligned white heterosexual who cant go to the lavatory) .
.. if not going to the toilet was a problem, even if one was feeling blue, that certainly would not be ones colour!

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Steb

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
As I mentioned in post I said I,d had quote sent to me, so obviously I did not write it..and if you or the folk who hit the like button for your as normal aggressive post had bothered to read my earlier posts you,d know I wasn't born white..I posted quote in irony.( I,m Jamaican by birth , hence the " quite appropriate" question mark...)
Seems folk forget things quickly.

So yes Steb I wasn't born white, you are correct. ( To be fair I think Steb appeared after my saying this )
And neither am I 75...and I don't smoke a pipe. Doesn't take much reasoning to see quote originated stateside. ( The wording?)

Anyhow, back OT. I suspect there are lots of remainers and labour voters now wishing May had a stronger government. Tory,labour or whatever political leaning you have I think we,d all be in a better position at moment with a strong majority government. A weak May and or tory government just translates to a weaker bargaining position, which wasn't strong to start with.
You weren't born Jamaican, only homosapiens, all else is presumption. On topic, I find it deeply and excruciatingly pleasurable to observe the tories implode. And it's so much cheaper than a fifty year detour into trying to become a cheapskate tax haven/albania

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Seems about right!

23737617_1573650949359347_4479948075925081547_o.jpg

I suppose we can't expect any better, misgoverned by a corrupt gang of fascists led by its despicable and incompetent chief liar.........

23722504_922126821279572_4729390643082045764_n.jpg

This is where the tories are intent on leading the ordinary folk through their 'Brexit' ambitions, back to a way of life they deem to be all that ordinary folk are worth.........

23754900_921782717980649_3263741708294281759_n.jpg

Meanwhile, for the elite and their families, this is how they reward themselves.......

23754723_922132337945687_2727078457944318230_n.jpg

Another budget - another opportunity to improve the lot of the common people squandered!

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You weren't born Jamaican, only homosapiens, all else is presumption. On topic, I find it deeply and excruciatingly pleasurable to observe the tories implode. And it's so much cheaper than a fifty year detour into trying to become a cheapskate tax haven/albania
Its up to an individual to decide what they were or were not born and not to be told by somebody else. I was born Jamaican thanks Steb.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Its up to an individual to decide what they were or were not born and not to be told by somebody else. I was born Jamaican thanks Steb.
Would it not be more . That the local society, and particularly the mother who decides when one is born. Its asking a lot of the mewling infant to make that decision.
As to what you are and were, a short investigation below the waistband, sorts it out for most.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Would it not be more . That the local society, and particularly the mother who decides when one is born. Its asking a lot of the mewling infant to make that decision.
As to what you are and were, a short investigation below the waistband, sorts it out for most.
Too right Daniel...had my parents had choice suspect they,d have said " he,s British" and put me on first boat " home ,which, to be fair, was a possibility prior to 1962 but unlikely, as it was process took rather longer.

Jamaicans were British prior to gaining independence. After that, application for citizenship had to be applied for.

Last edited:

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london
No it's not. It's up to an individual to choose an ethnic affilition/identity. So, you chose to identify with Jamaica. But that is not a biological phenomenon. Ethnic identity does not have any basis in fact/biology. It is not something anyone is born with. It's a hypothetical construct. If you disagree with that you are a racist.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
No it's not. It's up to an individual to choose an ethnic affilition/identity. So, you chose to identify with Jamaica. But that is not a biological phenomenon. Ethnic identity does not have any basis in fact/biology. It is not something anyone is born with. It's a hypothetical construct. If you disagree with that you are a racist.
You are talking idealogically. Try telling that to Jamaicans wanting Uk citizenship. Have you tried emigrating to Australia ? Tell the application board your thoughts. They would smile and ask you what it says on your passport.
And its nothing to do with biology, biologically we are identical, as near as makes no difference. And as normal you shout " racist". You should read your own posts.

Most of us have no choice over ethnicity. Its given to us by birth and circumstance.
And I do not choose to identify with Jamaica my family history determines I have no choice in the matter.
Its an utterly pointless argument. Can you somehow decide you are a Navaho American Indian, or perhaps Chinese? Ofcourse you cant. You are denying people their own history just to make some stupid ideological point.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You are talking idealogically. Try telling that to Jamaicans wanting Uk citizenship. Have you tried emigrating to Australia ? Tell the application board your thoughts. They would smile and ask you what it says on your passport.
And its nothing to do with biology, biologically we are identical, as near as makes no difference. And as normal you shout " racist". You should read your own posts.

Most of us have no choice over ethnicity. Its given to us by birth and circumstance.
And I do not choose to identify with Jamaica my family history determines I have no choice in the matter.
Its an utterly pointless argument. Can you somehow decide you are a Navaho American Indian, or perhaps Chinese? Ofcourse you cant. You are denying people their own history just to make some stupid ideological point.
Congratulations, you are hogging the thread with off topic posts as usual:rolleyes:

• Agree

Steb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 15, 2017
london

It's not ideological, it's practical, existential. Residence and citizenship is not synonymous with ethnicity, and is subject to regulation(I'd have thought a xenophobic brexiter would appreciate that more than most?). Not that citizenship is a problem. Get yourself to uni, study something you enjoy, take it to doctoral level, publish a few papers and any country will accept you. I didn't grow up in the first world, but arrived here that way. I have no sympathy for your crocodile tears about being born in Jamaica. You are limiting yourself. I spent much of my life in Sweden. A few years ago I became quite ill. A traditional Chinese herbalist, Dr zhang, saved my skin when western medicine failed (pulmonary pustular psoriasis has a high mortality). I've absorbed much of Chinese culture since, I identify with it. Limit your own life if you want, but don't tell anyone else what they can or can't be or what they were or are. Seriously, if you have conversations with ten other Jamaicans you may well find more differences than exist between you and others from a different background.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
.. how much of this billion has materialised?
c`mon lads try and keep up, this was only last week!

SofS confirms first release of DUP/Tory deal money - £50 million to go to health and education in this financial year.

btw, as ROI has the highest debt per capita in the World (ex.USA) how are you folk going to service that after Brexit? I`m sure the European Central Bank would like to know that as well!

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Too right Daniel...had my parents had choice suspect they,d have said " he,s British" and put me on first boat " home ,which, to be fair, was a possibility prior to 1962 but unlikely, as it was process took rather longer.

Jamaicans were British prior to gaining independence. After that, application for citizenship had to be applied for.
Actually I was being more flippant.. it would be is it a boy or a girl followed by is it my daughter or my son... And part of that is the skin colour being consistent with being my son\ daughter. These are the primal concerns, followed by is it healthy...

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
c`mon lads try and keep up, this was only last week!

SofS confirms first release of DUP/Tory deal money - £50 million to go to health and education in this financial year.

btw, as ROI has the highest debt per capita in the World (ex.USA) how are you folk going to service that after Brexit? I`m sure the European Central Bank would like to know that as well!
.. so let me get this straight you are going to get 50 million this year how many months after it was promised.? June was it? . But 50 million while not chicken feed wouldn't pay the interest on the billion for a month . 50 million divided over 1.5million is 30 quid each...and I thought i was cheap!.
As my mother in law used to say in a soft kerry accent "tis soft the wool grows on ye "

• Agree

Advertisers