Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Another "Brexit Bonus"?
Er....No
How would a no deal Brexit affect people who rely on EU medicine?

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/brexit-how-affect-people-rely-medicine-from-eu/
"
Very much agree.

A major issue for many people with thyroid issues is that so many buy from Germany (and elsewhere) using a standard UK prescription (whether technically an NHS form or a private prescription). This reduces costs dramatically - something like £250 to £10. Whether the individual or the NHS pays, the UK price is much the same. And the savings.

If NHS is paying, the medicine often gets refused due to cost. (Even if disguised as no evidence for its use.)

We simply do not know if UK prescriptions will continue to be accepted in the EU. If not, it could affect a huge number of people.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Another "Brexit Bonus"?
Er....No
How would a no deal Brexit affect people who rely on EU medicine?

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/brexit-how-affect-people-rely-medicine-from-eu/
"
the EU may not want to buy medicine made in the UK but nothing stops the UK from buying medicine made in the EU.
There are cases where some people may be affected if they buy medicine on the internet without a proper prescription.
UK doctors may not be able to prescribe to EU citizens over the internet and vice versa.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: oldtom

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
only over the internet.
Nonsense.

The German pharmacies treat UK prescriptions handed in to a real physical pharmacy the same. Even internet orders require the paper prescription be sent by mail.

The current cross border prescription arrangements apply due to EU and might very well disappear on leaving.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
most of the media (and myself) underestimate Dominic Raab.

He managed to get Michel Barnier to accept that there is a link between the political declaration and the settlement of the divorce bill.

Barnier:
"We may work on a possible link. I don't know what legal form that will take but there may well be a link.".

Remainers should stop competing with brexiters on who is most against TM's Chequers proposals.
In effect, that's the only positive plan that the conservatives can put up without tearing their own party apart. If implemented, it's not far off a customs union.
But a million miles from the only logical conclusion, apologise and ask for Brexit to be consigned to the dustbin of History.
There will be a negative reaction, but an even bigger collective sigh of relief.

As I said in my very first post even before the referendum
The leave vote was a Protest Vote

When Brexit goes belly up who in their right mind expects that there won't be a far bigger hostile reaction from pretty much the whole population?

And it there will be trouble on an unprecedented scale.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nonsense.

The German pharmacies treat UK prescriptions handed in to a real physical pharmacy the same. Even internet orders require the paper prescription be sent by mail.

The current cross border prescription arrangements apply due to EU and might very well disappear on leaving.
Don't worry. When wanting a necessary prescription medication without my doctor's approval I ordered from Canada and they got both the prescription and supply from India sent to me.

Money makes anything available.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Don't worry. When wanting a necessary prescription medication without my doctor's approval I ordered from Canada and they got both the prescription and supply from India sent to me.

Money makes anything available.
There is just a tiny snag...
What happens to those who don't have said money??

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There is just a tiny snag...
What happens to those who don't have said money??
I was responding to the post sequence about buying from Europe.

Those without money will have to use what's left of the NHS post Brexit.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Every Day in every way Brexit becomes worse and worse
"
Brexit: 150-plus countries yet to agree to 'roll over' existing deals on trade, flights and nuclear safety
Ministers warned of 'chaos' with time running out for more than 750 deals from EU membership - because the process has barely begun

Ministers have admitted that more than 150 countries have yet to agree to “roll over” EU deals on everything from trade to flights and nuclear safety after Brexit, triggering a fresh accusation of looming “chaos”.

Countries including the USA, Canada, Switzerland and Norway will only be free to give consent once the EU releases them to do so, the government has acknowledged – and no date has yet been set.

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
"37 million packets of medicines every month from the EU worth £18.3 billion"
I can't see the EU wanting to give up £18.3 billion a month in a hurry.

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

Advertisers