Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The funny was not about some random person you idiot. Although I have no idea if she is real and if she is then I suggest the people that post said image of a private letter containing extremely personal information such as her name, private address and medical condition are the true scum. Or maybe just dangerous idiots. Either way to post something so personal in a public forum is reckless at best. You are just a stupid and ignorant old man and I doubt you gave it a second thought but if that was an address in the UK you could be arrested. Fool. You also leave the owners of this forum up to being arrested had this been a UK address.

If anyone on here was so minded they now have all the details required to create an identity and use it for extremely nefarious purposes. You really are dumb and stupidity isn’t a defence in the eyes of the law.

I hope you have learnt something today.

The lol icon was a chuckle at how muddled your thinking and how despairing and desperate your argument has become.

For shame.
For shame indeed,you should really ensure your brain is engaged before posting, but you never do, do you?

The letter was posted up on Twitter by the woman who had received it who had little to lose as she was dying you utter cretin
She wanted it circulated!
Wouldn't you in the hope of receiving support?
And now you have called her Scum?
What an idiot you are.
Your big mouth let you down again, and in your limited imagination
you thought you would be clever and tell us something that we didn't know.
Sorry to disappoint you.

By the way anyone who wants someone else details can simply do this

Search the electoral roll for free to get a persons full uk address. Electoral register searches take a few seconds and are usually free.

You really haven't a clue about anything have you, and now you attempt to be threatening,
Forget it, that requires someone with an operational brain
As to learning something today , you should try it sometime.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc and robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
The funny was not about some random person you idiot. Although I have no idea if she is real and if she is then I suggest the people that post said image of a private letter containing extremely personal information such as her name, private address and medical condition are the true scum. Or maybe just dangerous idiots. Either way to post something so personal in a public forum is reckless at best. You are just a stupid and ignorant old man and I doubt you gave it a second thought but if that was an address in the UK you could be arrested. Fool. You also leave the owners of this forum up to being arrested had this been a UK address.

If anyone on here was so minded they now have all the details required to create an identity and use it for extremely nefarious purposes. You really are dumb and stupidity isn’t a defence in the eyes of the law.

I hope you have learnt something today.

The lol icon was a chuckle at how muddled your thinking and how despairing and desperate your argument has become.

For shame.
Perhaps a little more humanity and humility might be in order. The property reference is real ,has a value of 140k dollars, and is consistent with a dwelling for someone of advanced years. I don't know where the letter originated from, but it could very easily have been published in disgust by the patient herself. . Perhaps as an attempt to crowd fund her medical needs. Incidentally people are unlikely to seek organ transplantation without real need.
So perhaps the" for shame " comment is appropriate,and the target is misplaced.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the Independent
"
Brexit: Government admits UK could attempt to unilaterally revoke Article 50 if MPs want to
Until now the government has refused to discuss its view of the legality of revocation, saying only that it would not try to pull back from Brexit
The UK can move to stop Brexit by attempting to unilaterally revoke Article 50, legal papers published by the government suggest.

The documents indicate that MPs would first need to direct the government to revoke the Article, which started the countdown to Britain’s withdrawal when it was triggered almost two years ago.
Until now the government has refused to discuss its view of the legality of revocation, but the newly released papers suggest it is a lack of political will rather than any legal barrier that is preventing a bid.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: robdon and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Perhaps a little more humanity and humility might be in order. The property reference is real ,has a value of 140k dollars, and is consistent with a dwelling for someone of advanced years. I don't know where the letter originated from, but it could very easily have been published in disgust by the patient herself. . Perhaps as an attempt to crowd fund her medical needs. Incidentally people are unlikely to seek organ transplantation without real need.
So perhaps the" for shame " comment is appropriate,and the target is misplaced.
It was in fact published by the recipient in the hope of good samaritans coming to her aid

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and robdon

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
In the Independent
"
Brexit: Government admits UK could attempt to unilaterally revoke Article 50 if MPs want to
Until now the government has refused to discuss its view of the legality of revocation, saying only that it would not try to pull back from Brexit
The UK can move to stop Brexit by attempting to unilaterally revoke Article 50, legal papers published by the government suggest.

The documents indicate that MPs would first need to direct the government to revoke the Article, which started the countdown to Britain’s withdrawal when it was triggered almost two years ago.

Until now the government has refused to discuss its view of the legality of revocation, but the newly released papers suggest it is a lack of political will rather than any legal barrier that is preventing a bid.
I doubt that this has wings... . It is now in the lap of the ECJ, so publishing this at this time is simply mischief.

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I doubt that this has wings... . It is now in the lap of the ECJ, so publishing this at this time is simply mischief.
This is actually simply reporting the content of papers released today but wonder why the Government's lawyers didn't realise when the papers were released what the import was and that it would be instantly in the papers.
Perhaps they thought to get it under the radar?
Here is more information

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
could it be because NATO is led by our American allies (who happens to speak the same language) and we trust them more than the EU's army led by Germans, French and Italians?
I can't remember being under fire from Germans, French or Italians…….'blue on blue' is not uncommon, working closely with our American 'friends' though.

Tom

Last edited:

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
For shame indeed,you should really ensure your brain is engaged before posting, but you never do, do you?

The letter was posted up on Twitter by the woman who had received it who had little to lose as she was dying you utter cretin
She wanted it circulated!
Wouldn't you in the hope of receiving support?
And now you have called her Scum?
What an idiot you are.
Your big mouth let you down again, and in your limited imagination
you thought you would be clever and tell us something that we didn't know.
Sorry to disappoint you.

By the way anyone who wants someone else details can simply do this

Search the electoral roll for free to get a persons full uk address. Electoral register searches take a few seconds and are usually free.

You really haven't a clue about anything have you, and now you attempt to be threatening,
Forget it, that requires someone with an operational brain
As to learning something today , you should try it sometime.

I’m not trying to be threatening I’m trying to educate you in the ways of the World Wide Web.

Try posting someone’s address online without their permission in the UK and see how far it gets you.

I can’t MAKE you understand but I can try and give you the tools.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
This is actually simply reporting the content of papers released today but wonder why the Government's lawyers didn't realise when the papers were released what the import was and that it would be instantly in the papers.
Perhaps they thought to get it under the radar?
Here is more information
Ok .. the fuller text is consistent with my understanding. Again and again I have stated that it is not within the gift of the UK Parliament or Courts to revoke the A50 document. Whether the ECJ or probably more correct CJEU, agrees with my assessment is in the lap of the Gods,but will be adjuicated by Christmas.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I’m not trying to be threatening I’m trying to educate you in the ways of the World Wide Web.

Try posting someone’s address online without their permission in the UK and see how far it gets you.

I can’t MAKE you understand but I can try and give you the tools.
Tell us something we don't already know.

Be assured we are quite capable of seeking any advice we need, certainly not from someone who wants to wield said advice as a threat as you ill advisedly just tried to do without knowing the circumstances.

If you want to be regarded other than as a troll enter into the debate with well thought out points, which will be listened to and discussed

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Ok .. the fuller text is consistent with my understanding. Again and again I have stated that it is not within the gift of the UK Parliament or Courts to revoke the A50 document. Whether the ECJ or probably more correct CJEU, agrees with my assessment is in the lap of the Gods,but will be adjuicated by Christmas.
You are of course correct.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
From social media elsewhere online, these two images tell all anyone needs to know:

View attachment 27899

This incredibly stupid PM is an embarrassment to the nation.

Tom
If blue passports were such an important part of the UK's heritage, why did we switch to burgundy in 1988? So far as I can tell, 'twasn't mandatory, just recommended.

[Editing to add: I assume the decision was made during a Thatcher government.]

And the first book-style modern passport only dates from 1921. Did everyone complain that the 1915 passport was a vital part of their national identity?

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I really, really wanted to get away from Trump's USA...

InSight lander: Nasa probe touches down on Mars – live updates

Why, even Musk is tempted...

Elon Musk considers move to Mars despite 'good chance of death'

Advertisers