Brexit, for once some facts.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-36413296/rnli-on-rescuing-channel-migrants

I must re-state that the RNLI should not be helping these people traffickers to conduct their business by underwriting the risks. It’s a disgrace.

The RNLI is as bad as the criminal smuggling gangs and the criminals themselves who are trying to enter the country illegally. It has to stop.
Are you attempting some form of humour here tillson?

The RNLI serve the purpose of saving lives as sea, they do not need some idiot blaming them for the shortcoming of the "Defence of our Borders" Brexif fans seem keen on, but don't want to pay for
Pay for a fleet of Border patrol vessels though higher persoanal taxation with a smle on your face, an stop this childish bitching at the RNLI
Their job is to save lives at sea, it's your job to pay enough taxes to fund a proper Border Patrol Fleet, isn't it?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I’m no fan of Gove, but it would be him everyday of the week faced with that choice. I would run the lifeboat straight over the Moroccan crack dealer on my way to rescue Gove, even if it involved a detour. On the way back, I would repeat the exercise, just to make sure. Hopefully word would soon spread that trying to get to the UK illegally is a treacherous and futile exercise likely to end in death.
What have you been doing over Christmas? this is even dafter than your usual nonsense, though as always it is highly original

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here is an example of Brexit thinking in the Daily Express
"
BREXIT DISASTER: Germany admits no-deal Brexit could cause HUGE DAMAGE - 'this is URGENT'
GERMANY is fearful that a no-deal Brexit will wreck its economy as much as Donald Trump’s aggressive attitude to Europe, according to top business leaders.

For the benefit of the few remaining pro brexiteers a simple question using the same logic how is it going to be less damaging to us?

• Agree
Reactions: oyster and robdon

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
I’m no fan of Gove, but it would be him everyday of the week faced with that choice. I would run the lifeboat straight over the Moroccan crack dealer on my way to rescue Gove, even if it involved a detour. On the way back, I would repeat the exercise, just to make sure. Hopefully word would soon spread that trying to get to the UK illegally is a treacherous and futile exercise likely to end in death.
Yes the word is spreading, to our cost...... that the RLNI has morphed into some kind of seabourne Uber taxi service, and all for free - and while thy`re out picking up these chancers some poor innocent soul who`s got into trouble is being left to fend for themselves.

The rising number of migrants attempting to cross the English Channel has been declared a "major incident" by the UK home secretary.
Sajid Javid has asked for an urgent call with his French counterpart about the situation.
It comes after at least 221 migrants attempted to cross the Channel to England in small boats since the beginning of November.
On Friday, 12 migrants were detained off the coast of Dover.

• Agree
Reactions: tillson

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Scraping brexit??? Like off your shoes or something...
We should ban links from such extreme media as Guardian????
It is bad when our mainstream media are so biased... one way or the other...
Can you provide a reasoned argument as to why she is wrong? I considered her ideas about Putin and Trump made a lot of sense.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
What’s a Natalie Nougayrède? Is it something you use to degrease engine blocks?

Give me an article written by someone with a name like Harold Hickingbotham and i might take more notice.
Instead of making fun of her name how about reading the article and giving an opinion of what she wrote.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Reactions: Zlatan

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Here is an example of Brexit thinking in the Daily Express

For the benefit of the few remaining pro brexiteers a simple question using the same logic how is it going to be less damaging to us?

Did you learn English as a second language?

Your grammar and syntax actually hurts my swede.

Reactions: Zlatan

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
What have you been doing over Christmas? this is even dafter than your usual nonsense, though as always it is highly original
Phew. You’ve not posted in this thread for over 16 hours and I was getting worried about you. I’m pleased you have returned safe and well.

Of course, the point I was making concerned these idiotic illegal migrant chancers deliberately going out to sea in various craft which they know are entirely unsuitable. They do this because they know that the RNLI or Border Force boats will pick them up part way and ferry them to the U.K. Being “rescued “ from a deliberate and calculated reckless act forms the linchpin of their entry into the U.K. There is absolutely no regard for the safety of the crews of the rescue craft or other ships in the channel. They place everyone else’s personal safety behind their own desire to illegally enter the U.K.

It needs to stop. No rescue regardless if the circumstances. If they make it to the U.K. shore, nothing should await them other than hostility and immediate return into the sea.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

ex-editor of Le Monde, lead columnist for the Guardian and of course a remainer.
With only slight leanings towards supporting French and her beloved EU gravy train.

Nev
Perhaps I should provide a link to some Daily Mail garbage and ask you to explain why its so wrong. Its a great idea for prolonging thread though. Could go on for ever.
What would be a better idea is providing opinions and facts to support them rather than cut and pasting blatant propoganda,with spelling mistakes thrown in just to keep it, what's the modern phrase, on trend.
BTW
Natalie makes no secret of believing in joint sovereignty between EU nations. Not sure we can describe her as a remainer. Wiki lists her as French. More a federalist. Not sure she even voted, but that does not prevent her from having an opinion of course,but should that opinion get the coverage it does in the Guardian.
Bloody Foreigners sticking their noses in.
She, ll probably have to go back to Dijon if we leave..

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: robdon and tillson

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Mchael Heseltine appeared earlier on 'Festival of Politics' in which he retraced the history of conservative (MP) Eurosceptics. Do you know that it was John Major who promised the referendum? According to Heseltine, he and Ken Clarke were dead set against a referendum but agreed with John Major's promise of a referendum if the UK joined the Euro. Somehow, when the news came out, the media 'lost' the Euro context, gave strong support for the referendum and encouraged Euroscepticism.

Reactions: robdon

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORLD WAR 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as Dave predicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCRAPE BREXIT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check your computer settings, I think you may have switched on Sticky Keys in the accessibility menu.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Advertisers