Brexit, for once some facts.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I see that Juncker has raised the murder of the Polish man by some idiot thugs as a sign that the UK is suffering from racism caused by Brexit. What a Muppet. I bet there have been no similar incidents in Europe????. What an insult to the British people. Why should we want to be run by his ilk

• Agree
Reactions: tillson

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think Merkel is in serious trouble. Speaking with lots of Germans in Croatia. Non have a good word, particularly with regard to immigration. She needs to start listening.
The Germans are indeed unhappy with her, but cannot see a viable alternative. In that circumstance don't be surprised to see her return.

We were in a similar position at our last election so returned the Conservatives to power despite being very unhappy with their coalition performance. And the position remains the same if a snap election is called now, they would probably be returned again.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I see that Juncker has raised the murder of the Polish man by some idiot thugs as a sign that the UK is suffering from racism caused by Brexit.
The UK is emphatically suffering an outburst of racism due to the Brexit result, the very sharp rise in racially motivated verbal and physical assaults nationally since the vote proving that.

I'm not surprised that Harlow murder was raised, just days later there was a similar vicious assault on two Polish men by a group of thugs in Harlow. This hints at a pattern of behaviour.

Wasn't it a lower percentage who voted to stay?? And isn't that the purpose of a vote. Not really relevant what percentage of the population voted. We vote our politicians in with a much smaller participation and never question the result.
I wasn't commenting on the result, I was suggesting that either Tilson wasn't understanding the term "electorate" or he was using the incorrect number.

Yes, obviously less people voted to stay... but it could be argued that those who didn't vote weren't that bothered either way and therefore could be it could be argued that they were happy with the status quo.

Its a fact that 62.56% of the electorate didn't vote leave.

and no ones complaining about the result are they? I think they are complaining about the impacts of the result and the lies etc etc.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I see that Juncker has raised the murder of the Polish man by some idiot thugs as a sign that the UK is suffering from racism caused by Brexit. What a Muppet. I bet there have been no similar incidents in Europe????. What an insult to the British people. Why should we want to be run by his ilk
The man is a clown, but a useful clown. He is doing an excellent job of angering people and turning them against the EU. This is a very important role and must allow him to get on with it. Give him enough rope as they say.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Someone has suggested the the EU way forward may be by creating a modified model of membership akin to concentric rings the further inside the rings the more collaboration, thus allowing room for compromise.
Are you aware the Cameron negotiated that the UK was exempt from further integration into the EU, or are you conveniently forgetting that?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So did I and all of it. Wasn't red brick by any chance was it? That would explain a great deal.
Does the colour of the building bricks confer accuracy on your creative ways of presenting figures?
Satire at it's best.
tillson, as I have said many times, I am your biggest Fan.:D

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
As will next weeks heads of state meeting.

Yep Juncker now needs an army and an EU youth movement to keep the EU safe - now where have I heard that before?

He even wants a Political Commission now and mentioned a "cratic" word in his speech - must have been reading Mrs May's speech.
If you didn't like the idea of the EU having an Army, surely it would have made sense to remain a member where we could veto the idea, where now we can only watch?
Not big on Strategy the Brexit voters are they? we have actually ensured the things they don't want to happen are now going to?
This is known as an "Own Goal":eek:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The man is a clown, but a useful clown. He is doing an excellent job of angering people and turning them against the EU. This is a very important role and must allow him to get on with it. Give him enough rope as they say.
Now remind me, who made this statement?
" Oh, hang on a minute, isn't an assumption based on little or no fact actually the definition of prejudice?"
Why do you wish ill on the EU?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Your reasoning is so far beyond normality that I fear it is impossible to retrieve you from your twisted world. I don't think that you are in possession of the basics upon which you can start to build an understanding. But that might not be your fault.

Just FYI.
Do you know, that is a perfect description of the mind of a person still holding on to the fading dream of Brexit being a success.
Another one of your revealing and always welcome insights.
Brexit will happen all right, as will the next ice age, with approximately the same level of advantage to the public.
It looks like being a bit of a race as to which one arrives first! ;)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Wasn't it a lower percentage who voted to stay?? And isn't that the purpose of a vote. Not really relevant what percentage of the population voted. We vote our politicians in with a much smaller participation and never question the result.
Because while you can easily change the Government after five years, Brexit is like pulling the pin on a hand grenade, then immediately losing it while locked in a toilet.
Style of thing

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
The UK is emphatically suffering an outburst of racism due to the Brexit result, the very sharp rise in racially motivated verbal and physical assaults nationally since the vote proving that.

I'm not surprised that Harlow murder was raised, just days later there was a similar vicious assault on two Polish men by a group of thugs in Harlow. This hints at a pattern of behaviour.
an expert being interviewed on BBC world earlier this AM euphemistically referred to it as a rise in "nativism" in USA and UK, and cheerfully explained that she knows something about it having spent time in south Africa in the 80's. Apartheid I guess was also a form of "nativism", like Brexit and Trump's wall. We live in an ugly time, and Brexit is a very ugly phenomenon, probably a lot more dangerous and disturbing than we realise.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
an expert being interviewed on BBC world earlier this AM euphemistically referred to it as a rise in "nativism" in USA and UK, and cheerfully explained that she knows something about it having spent time in south Africa in the 80's. Apartheid I guess was also a form of "nativism", like Brexit and Trump's wall. We live in an ugly time, and Brexit is a very ugly phenomenon, probably a lot more dangerous and disturbing than we realise.
It will be dangerous if it doesn't happen. Very dangerous indeed. There will be consequences, as they say.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
It will be dangerous if it doesn't happen. Very dangerous indeed. There will be consequences, as they say.
Has the thought not occurred to you that there are possibly more people who don't want to leave the EU who might react badly if Brexit happens?
No, of course you can't believe that, after all they are not as easily influenced by rabble rousers like Farage.
Is the assumption that they are too intelligent to do that?
And not stupid enough to create havoc, by implication?
You have to ponder the significance of the Brexit voters assuming that the remain voters will placidly stand by.
Let us hope for all our sakes that they do.
Otherwise
"Very dangerous indeed. There will be consequences, as they say."
Could prove to be true!

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
haha, is that a threat?? You planning a civil war there? or are just going to leave the discussion again ;)
No threats, no civil wars and I'll dip in and out of the thread as I see fit. But thank you for the suggestions.

The outcome of the referendum was clear and if that outcome is ignored, there will be consequences. It's as simple as that. It's inevitable.

Some of the consequences could turn out to be favourable. #justsayin'

No threats, no civil wars and I'll dip in and out of the thread as I see fit. But thank you for the suggestions.

The outcome of the referendum was clear and if that outcome is ignored, there will be consequences. It's as simple as that. It's inevitable.

Some of the consequences could turn out to be favourable. #justsayin'
agreed, I suspect most of them will be favourable :)

• Agree
Reactions: derf

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Has the thought not occurred to you that there are possibly more people who don't want to leave the EU who might react badly if Brexit happens?!
Yes and no. More people voted to leave than to remain. That's a fact.

Then there are those who couldn't be arsed to vote one way are the other. Boo boo, they had their chance to have a say and didn't take it. I have no sympathy for them and dismiss their views out of hand.

Reactions: wolfmandave15

Advertisers