Brexit, for once some facts.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019

50 Hertz

Jeremy Corbyn’s not fit to be Prime Minister.
According to former Labour MP Ian Austin.
He’s hostile to businesses – whether they’re big or small. According to former Labour MP Chris Leslie.

He would threaten our national security. According to former Labour MP Mike Gapes.

This is the message coming from Members of Parliament who can no longer stand being in the same party as Corbyn.

And we want to help spread that message.

So why not make sure we can?

The number of people in work is at a record high. And wages are growing at their fastest rate in over 10 years.

That's because we're supporting businesses – across all parts of the country.

We're meeting the NATO target of spending 2% of our GDP on defence – ensuring our military has the resources it needs to keep our country safe.

So if you don’t want Labour to take us back to square one – then help us expose them.

Yours,
James Not Very Cleverly
Deputy Chairman of the Conservative Party​

If you don't want to receive any more messages from Theresa May and the Conservatives, click here to unsubscribe. Promoted by Alan Mabbutt on behalf of the Conservative Party, both at 4 Matthew Parker Street, London, SW1H 9HQ.
I detest this sort of campaigning. It’s a sort of, if you think we are bad...... tactic. Pathetic.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
As with almost everything you bring up there is more to it than you understand... A more uptodate posting.
Since you are unlikely to read more than a sentence ,the regulation refers as far as I understand to persons RESIDENT in Ireland, as opposed to visitors passing through. You will be aware that normal car insurance and road tax assumes a permanent residence and that having the car in other jurisdictions for extended periods means that they should be re-registered in the new location. I think 3 months would be a typical maximum.

Emergency law change planned to facilitate Irish residents with UK driving licences in no-deal Brexi

CONOR HENEGHAN
No need to panic after all.
The AA says it will be “very unlikely” that UK driving licences held by Irish residents will be invalid in Ireland in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

On Friday, the Road Safety Authority (RSA) revealed that “in the event of a no-deal Brexit, the driving licence of a UK licence holder living here in Ireland will not be recognised and the driver will not be able to continue to drive here in Ireland on that licence”.

Affected motorists still have plenty of time to exchange their UK driving licence for an Irish driving licence before Britain’s scheduled exit from the EU on 29 March, but in a statement on Friday, the AA revealed that such a move will probably not be necessary after all.

An emergency change to the law, the AA says, can be prepared and be ready in time for the end of March should a no-deal Brexit come into effect.

The AA says that an emergency ‘patch’ in legal regulations would be required to recognise those licences but also revealed that the Department of Transport is aware of the issue and has already discussed it with the AA.

The AA did, however, point out that “Brexit or no Brexit” motorists are supposed to swap a UK licence for an Irish one if they are resident in Ireland for more than 100 days.

That law has never been enforced and didn’t matter while both licences were European, which, of course, won’t be the case if and when Brexit goes ahead at the end of next month.

The AA has provided a helpful guide for motorists who may be affected by the implications of Brexit, which can be read here, while an FAQ on the same matter on the RSA website can be accessed here.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Just another in the long list of problems the Irish Republic have brought upon themselves.
There wouldn`t have been a border if the 26 counties hadn`t decided to leave the U.K.
It`s something they and they alone created.

So deal with it.

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
As with almost everything you bring up there is more to it than you understand... A more uptodate posting.
Since you are unlikely to read more than a sentence ,the regulation refers as far as I understand to persons RESIDENT in Ireland, as opposed to visitors passing through. You will be aware that normal car insurance and road tax assumes a permanent residence and that having the car in other jurisdictions for extended periods means that they should be re-registered in the new location. I think 3 months would be a typical maximum.

Emergency law change planned to facilitate Irish residents with UK driving licences in no-deal Brexi

CONOR HENEGHAN
No need to panic after all.
The AA says it will be “very unlikely” that UK driving licences held by Irish residents will be invalid in Ireland in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

On Friday, the Road Safety Authority (RSA) revealed that “in the event of a no-deal Brexit, the driving licence of a UK licence holder living here in Ireland will not be recognised and the driver will not be able to continue to drive here in Ireland on that licence”.

Affected motorists still have plenty of time to exchange their UK driving licence for an Irish driving licence before Britain’s scheduled exit from the EU on 29 March, but in a statement on Friday, the AA revealed that such a move will probably not be necessary after all.

An emergency change to the law, the AA says, can be prepared and be ready in time for the end of March should a no-deal Brexit come into effect.

The AA says that an emergency ‘patch’ in legal regulations would be required to recognise those licences but also revealed that the Department of Transport is aware of the issue and has already discussed it with the AA.

The AA did, however, point out that “Brexit or no Brexit” motorists are supposed to swap a UK licence for an Irish one if they are resident in Ireland for more than 100 days.

That law has never been enforced and didn’t matter while both licences were European, which, of course, won’t be the case if and when Brexit goes ahead at the end of next month.

The AA has provided a helpful guide for motorists who may be affected by the implications of Brexit, which can be read here, while an FAQ on the same matter on the RSA website can be accessed here.

Lose the tude Dani. It doesn't suit you.

Your Stockholm syndrome of us is enduring.

You are an anglophile.

So. As it says. We have 28 days to get a license. But only 14 days grace. Nice.

Catch yourself on wee feller. Your tin pot leader is making your citizens life hell if we reciprocate.

We wouldn't obviously. We are above such petty measures.

• Dislike

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Just another in the long list of problems the Irish Republic have brought upon themselves.
There wouldn`t have been a border if the 26 counties hadn`t decided to leave the U.K.

So deal with it.
Great Tommie, recognition that we are a Republic rather than the Free State ,is a step in tge right direction.
You are absolutely right,had Hanoverian England,not forced an Act of Union in 1801, then there would be none of this nonsense, ... Brought about only because those pesky Presbyterians in Antrim believed in the Rights of Man and created the United Irishman movement., So had there been no Union , there would never have been partition. Don't write yourselves out of the history.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

You are an anglophile.

Catch yourself on wee feller. Your tin pot leader is making your citizens life hell if we reciprocate.

How nice of you to notice that I am an Anglophile. That is why I don't want you all to suffer.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Fingers, Tommie, the Irish Cabinet issued today the list of legislation which will need to be amended in the next month. The RSA regulation was just one of these. The site is being kitted out at Dublin Port for the container traffic particularly agricultural ,needing customs clearance and inspection.

• Informative
  • Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

So deal with it.
Tommie , what are you going on about? the problem is due to us leaving the EU, so what is this nonsense to do with anything?

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
We will suffer.

Bur it's worth it.

You will hate the EU again.

Then you will see why
Now a leave voter agrees we will suffer.
Let me remind you, we warned you about that, but you chose to ignore the warning.
You preferred to be taken in by lies and false promises, causing immense damage to the country and more to come.
Leave voters are sounding more frantic every day, now why could that be ? perhaps a guilty conscience for the damage they have caused?
Your mess
No one else's, no one you can blame.
Get over it.
Clean up your mess

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From the Express if ever there was a sign of how weird the right wing press can be this is it

BREXIT BOOST: Nigel Farage to POACH senior Tories from UNDER MAY’S NOSE for Brexit Party
EXCLUSIVE: Senior Tories from the “heart of the Conservative party” are poised to join the new Brexit Party if there is a delay to Britain leaving the EU, it was claimed on Friday.

Let me remind everyone, Farage promised we did not have to leave the single Market and Customs Union during the referendum, he also recently stated that he never promised so how can anyone trust him Now

He even suggested there should be another referendum!

So having a loony fringe group damage the Conservatives, even though they could never in a million years run the country and have the sole aim of causing a no deal Brexit disaster is a "Brexit boost"?

Well at least Putin would be pleased, he has after all paid enough.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if we brexit without a deal, the value of the Pound will drop and prices, not just food prices, will go up instantly.
I expect Chinese e-bike prices will come down, German prices will go up though.

the Department for International Trade is expected on Monday to publish a list of new import taxes, or tariffs, that will apply to 5200 products, including food and clothing, should the UK crash out of the EU without a deal.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Great Tommie, recognition that we are a Republic rather than the Free State ,is a step in tge right direction.
You are absolutely right,had Hanoverian England,not forced an Act of Union in 1801, then there would be none of this nonsense, ... Brought about only because those pesky Presbyterians in Antrim believed in the Rights of Man and created the United Irishman movement., So had there been no Union , there would never have been partition. Don't write yourselves out of the history.
Now I’m going to be away for a couple of days, so no squabbling with Fingers & Tommie. I’ve asked Zlatan to keep an eye on you and to let me know if there is any trouble. Behave yourself.

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

You are an anglophile.

Lose the tude?
No one has a worse problem with attitude than you tommie!

• Agree

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Let me remind everyone, Farage promised we did not have to leave the single Market and Customs Union during the referendum, he also recently stated that he never promised so how can anyone trust him Now
For the avoidance of doubt: I never trusted him then. Nor now. Nor did I find him amusing in his clowning outings (such as Have I Got News For You). Or the numerous bloke-in-a-pub interviews.

Last edited:
  • Agree

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
if we brexit without a deal, the value of the Pound will drop and prices, not just food prices, will go up instantly.
I expect Chinese e-bike prices will come down, German prices will go up though.

the Department for International Trade is expected on Monday to publish a list of new import taxes, or tariffs, that will apply to 5200 products, including food and clothing, should the UK crash out of the EU without a deal.
Exactly!!

UK food imports from EU face '£9bn tariff bill' under no-deal Brexit
Analysis comes as government expected to outline plans to mitigate price shock next week
The government is expected next week to spell out its plan to mitigate a potential £9bn food-price shock from a no-deal Brexit, as analysts predict the cost of staples such as beef, cheddar cheese and tomatoes could soar.

With just over a month until the Brexit deadline, the Department for International Trade is expected on Monday to publish a list of new import taxes, or tariffs, that will apply to 5200 products, including food and clothing, should the UK crash out of the EU without a deal.

The relationship with the EU is key to the price of food because nearly one third of the food eaten in the UK comes from the bloc. At this time of year the situation is more acute because, with UK produce out of season, 90% of lettuces, 80% of tomatoes and 70% of soft fruit is sourced from, or via, the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/23/uk-food-imports-from-eu-face-9bn-tariff-bill-under-no-deal-brexit

I'd also point out that the food companies are going to have to recoup the money they have spent on cold stores and contents, etc. Which itself sounds like a pretty hefty sum.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Something tells me that Jeremy Hunt really shouldn't be let loose abroad
Milan Brglez,former president of the Slovenian parliament: “The British foreign minister comes to Slovenia asking us for a favour(to discuss with the foreign minister how to avoid a no-deal Brexit)while arrogantly insulting us. We were never a 'vassal state of the Soviet Union'."

Hell's teeth he's nearly as bad as Boris!
A Classic example of Conservative Fitness to rule? alas that is what we have rooting for our side after Brexit, we'll be lucky if he doesn't start a war!

Advertisers