Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And John Prescott dealt out summary justice when it happened to him.
Earning him many fans and the honorific "Thumper" here in his native Hull :D
Purely co-incidental of course but no one has done it to him since...odd that!
It reinforced his reputation of being "direct" something Yorkshire folk revere over having any sense.

Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Earning him many fans and the honorific "Thumper" here in his native Hull
Nor quite native. John Prescott is Welsh. His family moved from Wales to Yorkshire at first, but when John was 11 they moved to Cheshire and he completed his education in Ellesmere Port.

In John's own words:

"I've always felt very proud of Wales and being Welsh...I was born in Wales, went to school in Wales and my mother was Welsh. I'm Welsh. It's my place of birth, my country."

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Nor quite native. John Prescott is Welsh. His family moved from Wales to Yorkshire at first, but when John was 11 they moved to Cheshire and he completed his education in Ellesmere Port.

In John's own words:

"I've always felt very proud of Wales and being Welsh...I was born in Wales, went to school in Wales and my mother was Welsh. I'm Welsh. It's my place of birth, my country."
However he found It's a long way to commute to work as a Steward on North Sea Ferries....

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

In John's own words:

He lived in Brinsworth, Sheffield. Went to School with wife's cousin. But you are right. He is Welsh. I believe he moved to Hull when working on ferries after leaving Sheffield.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Could the milk shaker go to Crown Court and have trial by referendum...
They couldnt reach a verdict. He, d be found guilty, folk would moan and he, d be let off, pending discussion.... and more milk shake throwing.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Farage seems to be riding high at the moment and there seems to be no stopping his popularity growth. Unless they Dr David Kelly him.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Can someone please explain how a Party (in this case the new BXP led by the Milk Shake magnet) put a candidate in for every MEP area (except NI) and yet not have a single policy or manifesto.
Its purely getting support on the NOT the others, NOT their policies, NOT their manifest. Yes, we get it they are going to campaign to leave..... the very organisation the are being voted into.
How ridiculous our politics has become.
Exactly what are they going to campaign on whilst IN the EU. Just not going?
Apparently Farage is going to supply a raft of policies.... after the elections. Oh, thats fine then.
Yes, I still believe we should leave but not by sending to EU all the very people who want and campaigned to do so. That is utter stupidity. Nobody wins.
I think situation is getting worse. Look 6 months down line, Farage and many of his ex UKIP mates along with other Euro sceptics marching into Brussels, or perhaps staying home. Its a farce.
At best it is a twisted logic.
"I dont believe in EU but please vote for me to be EU representative"
So I can pocket the salary and expenses perhaps.
"And campaign to get them taken off me"
I dont think so. If I believed in EU I, d be in outrage.
People standing as MEPs should support the thing. It should be a prerequisite.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
ridiculous as in this video?

Blogger: are you an MP?
MP: yes, I am.
Blogger: how did you vote? Leave or Remain?
MP: I voted Leave.
Blogger: did you vote for May's deal?
MP: I voted for May's deal.
Blogger: then you are a remoaner! Traitor!

Yep, world has gone mad.

Had a BBQ last night, couple came from over road. Only spoke twice with him in 20 years... But he asked me if I was voting in EU elections... Said probably. Tried to change subject. He informed us all he was voting for Farage. Somebody told him he, s not standing in our area.... He grunted a bit and said " you know what I mean". I tried to change subject. Same person asked him why he, d vote for Farage, if he could.
Answer
"He will nationalise British Steel and get them back on their feet"..
It went very quiet with lots of head shaking. This bloke runs his own construction firm. Not sure how, but has a fantastic house, drives an 18 month old 5 series.
I changed subject...
Oh dear. What have we all done.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
People used to put their name and address in the odd letters to the editor of their local newspapers (the Evening Echo in Southend) before the said newspapers consider printing them.
Perhaps the same rule should apply for internet platforms that the name and email address of posters can be made available under FOI request. At £10 per FOI request, it wouldn't get misused.
In the summer months mine tends to be no fixed abode

• :D
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Advertisers