Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
He said a lot, but the impression I got was that he mainly blamed perestroika. He later regretted that he didn't introduce reforms earlier.

No. He said it was Chernobyl surprise surprise.

Had you watched the tv series you seem to be expert commenting on you may have known this.

Seriously. Admit you have erred and move on.

I know from experience you are incapable of this sadly. So I will continue to lampoon you.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Gove in the debate is hyper optimistic over everything (mainly himself) even for no deal brexit which he's keen for while admitting it'd be a disaster probably as high as a kite and thinks he could fly if he jumped off a roof. (more likely pushed off by BJ)..

Chunt - thinks that EU will tremble and fall to his feet upon hearing his name.

Raab - channelling his inner Alan B'stard

Stewart - very Vulcan Spock like exposition of the illogic of the others but then cheefully admits he'd be happily prepared to team up with Farage to hasten us over the cliff

Javid - Hoping no one in the Tory party and US esp Trump mistakes him Sadiq Khan and deports him accidently on purpose...

BJ - Overslept and missed the show whilst dreaming he was James Bond ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3467478/Boris-claims-like-James-Bond-fighting-EU-baddies-Osborne-slaps-saying-Brexit-isn-t-amusing-adventure.html

Excellent!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Incorrect.

It wasn’t the first episode.

It wasn’t even the second episode.

Keep digging fool.
I've dug as you just asked, here's what I excavated:

"nuclear waste disposal expert Dr Claire Corkhill revealed that the helicopter crash in episode one actually took place a few weeks after the blast.

There was a helicopter crash that happened in the first episode,’ she continued. ‘It looked like it happened because it flew into a cloud of radiation, but in actual fact that happened several weeks later when a helicopter’s turbine blades clipped a crane and then crashed."

Link

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No. He said it was Chernobyl
I agree, that was among the things he blamed, as I posted he said a lot.

Perestroika, lateness of introducing reforms and Chernobyl were among the things he blamed, giving the impression he was looking for scapegoats.

The truth as we all know was that communism had failed and had been dying for a long time

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The conservatives campaigned for remain.

Is your memory that bad? It was literally 3 years ago.

We had a vote on it and everything. There was a bus too. You must remember the bus?

Russia for example still has mass poverty, still has people in positions of privilege in control of the purse strings and very few rights for the ordinary people. Why on earth anyone would think that we would be better off under that is not facing the truth.

Am I ringing a bell or is that just tinnitus?
So None of the Conservatives were for leaving the EU , is that what you are saying, and the referendum wasn't granted to placate that part of the Conservative Party that was Eurosceptic?
Is your memory that bad? this goes way back longer than 3 years ago

You posted this
"

We had a vote on it and everything. There was a bus too. You must remember the bus?

The Conservatives were against the bus. They even posted a leaflet through every door in the country to say that you should vote remain.

Ignoring little details like these
Brexit is a completely Conservative creation brought about by a bunch of right wing rip off artists who want to separate us from the EU into the clutches of the USA.
Cameron agreed to a referendum to stop them defecting to the UKIP.
Conservatives led the Leave Campaign
Conservatives broke electoral law to corrupt the referendum result
Conservatives obtained and used the bus to promote the leave campaign
The leaflet was a legal requirement that the Government had to provide and set out it's policy decision that was inline with its Manifesto
And there is still mass poverty here and Brexit will only make that worse.

Lets face it, you made a mistake voting for Brexit and you can't accept the fact your judgement is simply very poor indeed, hence in the absence of any viable defence of Brexit, you keep making these juvenile posts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I've dug as you just asked, here's what I excavated:

"nuclear waste disposal expert Dr Claire Corkhill revealed that the helicopter crash in episode one actually took place a few weeks after the blast.

There was a helicopter crash that happened in the first episode,’ she continued. ‘It looked like it happened because it flew into a cloud of radiation, but in actual fact that happened several weeks later when a helicopter’s turbine blades clipped a crane and then crashed."

Link

God knows why but as I had Chernobyl recorded I have just fast forwarded and rewound at 30 times speed. Given my skill set of reading rushes at high speed I can confidently confirm there was no helicopter crash in episode 1.

My recollection was episode 3 or 4. But if you think I am going to waste anymore time proving you wrong, forget it. I now know you are a ball craap artist.

You are either a purveyor of some seriously stupid media links, ignorant or a fool.

Or maybe all three.

Just admit you are wrong. For once. You commented on something you knew absolutely nothing about and was exposed as a liar and a fool.

You called me a liar because of my career. But I do not lie.

You do and have been found out. Apologise and we can all move on.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
So None of the Conservatives were for leaving the EU , is that what you are saying, and the referendum wasn't granted to placate that part of the Conservative Party that was Eurosceptic?
Is your memory that bad? this goes way back longer than 3 years ago

You posted this
"

The Conservatives were against the bus. They even posted a leaflet through every door in the country to say that you should vote remain.

Ignoring little details like these
Brexit is a completely Conservative creation brought about by a bunch of right wing rip off artists who want to separate us from the EU into the clutches of the USA.
Cameron agreed to a referendum to stop them defecting to the UKIP.
Conservatives led the Leave Campaign
Conservatives broke electoral law to corrupt the referendum result
Conservatives obtained and used the bus to promote the leave campaign
The leaflet was a legal requirement that the Government had to provide and set out it's policy decision that was inline with its Manifesto
And there is still mass poverty here and Brexit will only make that worse.

Lets face it, you made a mistake voting for Brexit and you can't accept the fact your judgement is simply very poor indeed, hence in the absence of any viable defence of Brexit, you keep making these juvenile posts.
I know what I posted. There is no need to repost it.

Unlike you I do not have the memory of a goldfish.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I agree, that was among the things he blamed, as I posted he said a lot.

Perestroika, lateness of introducing reforms and Chernobyl were among the things he blamed, giving the impression he was looking for scapegoats.

The truth as we all know was that communism had failed and had been dying for a long time

No, he was quite specific.

If you’d actually watched the program you are apparently an expert on you would understand.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My recollection was episode 3 or 4.
The one I posted was the second source saying episode 1, so nothing to apologise for. I merely reported what I'd seen previously and from the search.

But which episode is immaterial to the inaccuracy of that drama's account of the incident.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
God knows why but as I had Chernobyl recorded I have just fast forwarded and rewound at 30 times speed. Given my skill set of reading rushes at high speed I can confidently confirm there was no helicopter crash in episode 1.

My recollection was episode 3 or 4. But if you think I am going to waste anymore time proving you wrong, forget it. I now know you are a ball craap artist.

You are either a purveyor of some seriously stupid media links, ignorant or a fool.

Or maybe all three.

Just admit you are wrong. For once. You commented on something you knew absolutely nothing about and was exposed as a liar and a fool.

You called me a liar because of my career. But I do not lie.

You do and have been found out. Apologise and we can all move on.
That is simply pathetic coming from you! I proved you a liar today and you wouldn't admit it.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
YouTube has it as episode 2:

Absolutely spot on. Thank you for posting.

The drama posits that the amount of radiation the helicopter pilots experienced made them lose control.

Nothing wrong there.

More evidence to prove that the film makers were scalpel like in following what actually happened.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
No you didnt. Only person who has proved anyone a liar is snowflecc, and it was himself.
Wrong again Zlatan!

OK now prove to me that I DID post that this site had has a Million people view it as Fingers keeps asserting.

You simply can't, I never said that, HE DID and he lied

I posted the information for you to check, didn't you read it?

What is the problem with you? still trying to be annoying for some reason?
Don't you think you would be better employed trying to debate Brexit? or is a case of the truth is you have given it up as a lost cause?

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No, he was quite specific.

If you’d actually watched the program you are apparently an expert on you would understand.
That was a drama! Why would I go by that source with known inaccuracies?

I'm quoting from the many things he said at the time of saying them.

His first statement on the effect of Chernobyl was that it drove the reforms.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Absolutely spot on. Thank you for posting.

The drama posits that the amount of radiation the helicopter pilots experienced made them lose control.

Nothing wrong there.

More evidence to prove that the film makers were scalpel like in following what actually happened.
Except it apparently happened two weeks (or so) later.

Advertisers