Brexit, for once some facts.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I think you may have missed the point which was being made. It is not that like minded people would join a party and work on constituency offices , .. that's a given , but that people were canvassed and assumed that payment of an enrollment fee would ensure potential selection .
Now the Brexit company may or may not be required to submit returns and company financial reports..I am not familiar with British Company law, but it begs the question whether it is or was open competition or a scam.
You don’t know what assumptions people made or what their expectations were.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
More info on the Brexit company
https://bylinetimes.com/2019/07/19/weve-been-misled-brexit-party-mp-hopefuls-left-out-in-the-cold/
"
Back in May, Nigel Farage’s group announced that it would be seeking applications from rank-and-file Brexiters who want to run for Parliament. The online process took just 10 minutes to complete before applicants were met with a demand for a £100 non-refundable payment.

By June, the party was claiming that 3,000 people had signed up and that 200 wannabe MPs had already been vetted.

Earlier this month, Farage paraded his first 100 candidates at the NEC in Birmingham. But, of the small number identifiable, it was unlikely that any had landed the gig through the online process. All of those present were chums, associates and business acquaintances of people already in the party."

Nigel knows how to make money from mugs it would seem
How many are linked to Farage in the way you suggest?

What are their names?

What is the exact nature of their relationship with Farage (details of past links) which qualifies them as chums, associates or business acquaintances?

£100 for a preliminary background check is probably about right. It’s also enough to act as an initial filter to prevent millions from just clicking a free, sign me up, button.

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
I know somebody who was on that stage and they had to be interviewed in front of a panel before they were picked. They had no connection with the Brexit party before this, Apart from calling for Mrs cooper (our local MP) to be de-selected on social media.

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
So innocent. You realise how many sons and daughters are labour employees and MPs whose parent(s) are labour MPS?

I think you would be in shock for weeks if how Nige recruits his candidates shocks and surprises you.
Are you waiting for them to do something really horrendous before you wake up to what they are?
Your attempt at smokescreening does you no credit
Read the article again

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
How many are linked to Farage in the way you suggest?

What are their names?

What is the exact nature of their relationship with Farage (details of past links) which qualifies them as chums, associates or business acquaintances?

£100 for a preliminary background check is probably about right. It’s also enough to act as an initial filter to prevent millions from just clicking a free, sign me up, button.
Do you really need to accept over 3500 applications and keep the proceeds for a few hundred positions?
Now you are being silly, it's a rip off and the accusation of Farages mates getting the MEP jobs came from someone who paid up hoping to be an MEP. not me remember?

However that is a valid point, I shall do a little checking

Have a look at the list of UKIP MEp's (sorry BXP meps) on the chart on this page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brexit_Party
Diane JamesSouth East England1 July 20145 February 2019
David Coburn Scotland1 July 201412 February 2019
Nigel FarageSouth East England10 June 199912 February 2019Leader of party; successfully sought re-election in 2019
Nathan GillWales1 July 201412 February 2019Former AM; successfully sought re-election in 2019
Julia ReidSouth West England1 July 201412 February 2019
Tim AkerEast of England1 July 201413 February 2019
Jonathan BullockEast Midlands28 July 201713 February 2019Successfully sought re-election in 2019
Bill EtheridgeWest Midlands1 July 201413 February 2019
Paul NuttallNorth West England14 July 200915 February 2019
Jill SeymourWest Midlands1 July 201415 April 2019
Jane CollinsYorkshire and the Humber1 July 201415 April 2019
Margot ParkerEast Midlands1 July 201415 April 2019
Jonathan ArnottNorth East England1 July 201417 April 2019
Ray FinchSouth East England1 July 201417 April 2019
On 23 May 2019, 26 Brexit Party MEPs were newly elected to the European Parliament, including Richard Tice and former Conservative MP Ann Widdecombe, while Jonathan Bullock, Nigel Farage and Nathan Gill kept their seats.[

I take it your remarks about them not being associates were made in jest

Last edited:

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Do you really need to accept over 3500 applications and keep the proceeds for a few hundred positions?
Now you are being silly, it's a rip off and the accusation of Farages mates getting the MEP jobs came from someone who paid up hoping to be an MEP. not me remember?

I’m not hearing much outrage from those who feel, “ripped off.” Perhaps they don’t have those feelings.

The bulk of the complaints seem to be coming from those who haven’t paid any money or who haven’t lost anything, but for some reason they feel compelled to get upset on behalf of imaginary people who have suffered an imaginary loss. How queer.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I’m not hearing much outrage from those who feel, “ripped off.” Perhaps they don’t have those feelings.

The bulk of the complaints seem to be coming from those who haven’t paid any money or who haven’t lost anything, but for some reason they feel compelled to get upset on behalf of imaginary people who have suffered an imaginary loss. How queer.

I guess you didn't read this bit?
"It seemed inevitable that, sooner or later, some of those who had given the party £100 would speak out. This week, that happened and I was approached by a number of individuals who had gone through the process.

And over 3000 people lost £100 each remember?

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
As expected the Express is printing nonsense
EU panic: Countries trying to woo Boris in desperate bid to avoid no deal Brexit
PANICKING EU countries have been secretly trying to woo Boris Johnson in a bid to thrash out a new Brexit plan that would avoid a no-deal, it emerged yesterday.

Fron the Headquarters of the leave campaign by any chance?

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
I guess you didn't read this bit?
"It seemed inevitable that, sooner or later, some of those who had given the party £100 would speak out. This week, that happened and I was approached by a number of individuals who had gone through the process.

And over 3000 people lost £100 each remember?
Who are the, “number of individuals” though? How many is “a number?” It’s all very vague and sounds like BS to me.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Who are the, “number of individuals” though? How many is “a number?” It’s all very vague and sounds like BS to me.
The amount of money raised on false hopes isn't however. and the list of actual BXP MEps is a who's who of UKIP from the past.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Andrew Percy , our trade envoy to Canada quit. He was in charge of getting Canada to replicate CETA in the event of no deal.

“Andrew (Percy) warned them back in March, as soon as the UK’s no-deal tariffs were published, that it would mean the Canadians would not go for rolling over the Ceta deal.

“He could see they were getting 95 per cent of what they wanted if a no-deal happened, that the tariffs were better than what is in Ceta – so why would they rush to sign up to what the UK wanted?

One down. Fox has 39 more to go through with the rollover. My guess they'll go the same way, why shouldn't they?
That may also explain why Liam Fox did not support BJ.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

I hope you are not including me in that body of people who are getting upset ..My point was clarification to Fingers apparently missing the point of a prior post.

• Agree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016

Have a look at the list of UKIP MEp's (sorry BXP meps) on the chart on this page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brexit_Party
Diane JamesSouth East England1 July 20145 February 2019
David Coburn Scotland1 July 201412 February 2019
Nigel FarageSouth East England10 June 199912 February 2019Leader of party; successfully sought re-election in 2019
Nathan GillWales1 July 201412 February 2019Former AM; successfully sought re-election in 2019
Julia ReidSouth West England1 July 201412 February 2019
Tim AkerEast of England1 July 201413 February 2019
Jonathan BullockEast Midlands28 July 201713 February 2019Successfully sought re-election in 2019
Bill EtheridgeWest Midlands1 July 201413 February 2019
Paul NuttallNorth West England14 July 200915 February 2019
Jill SeymourWest Midlands1 July 201415 April 2019
Jane CollinsYorkshire and the Humber1 July 201415 April 2019
Margot ParkerEast Midlands1 July 201415 April 2019
Jonathan ArnottNorth East England1 July 201417 April 2019
Ray FinchSouth East England1 July 201417 April 2019
On 23 May 2019, 26 Brexit Party MEPs were newly elected to the European Parliament, including Richard Tice and former Conservative MP Ann Widdecombe, while Jonathan Bullock, Nigel Farage and Nathan Gill kept their seats.[

I take it your remarks about them not being associates were made in jest
What has that got to do with the selection of MP candidates?

This is the problem with you frothing at the mouth remainers. You cannot stick to a rational narrative you come across as howling at the moon.

You mentioned the selection of MPs then went inspector clueso about MEPs. Nuts.

As whoosh said above. The price would no doubt include an enhanced DBS check which costs £70. And someone on their side to process the results. It’s really not rocket science and it’s really not the rise of Hitler.

Can you imagine the uproar if at the next GE one of their candidates was a convicted diddler? You would be howling again that the Brexit party is the party of the nonce.

Calm down dear.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
What has that got to do with the selection of MP candidates?

This is the problem with you frothing at the mouth remainers. You cannot stick to a rational narrative you come across as howling at the moon.

You mentioned the selection of MPs then went inspector clueso about MEPs. Nuts.

As whoosh said above. The price would no doubt include an enhanced DBS check which costs £70. And someone on their side to process the results. It’s really not rocket science and it’s really not the rise of Hitler.

Can you imagine the uproar if at the next GE one of their candidates was a convicted diddler? You would be howling again that the Brexit party is the party of the nonce.

Calm down dear.
You really are blind to reality aren't you? What gives you confidence the bxp did anything other than pocket the money?
No wonder you voted for brexit
You'd fall for anything, worse you did!
As to frothing at the mouth no one is worse than you, you even ignore the misdeeds of anyone who supports brexit, no matter what they do

Last edited:
  • Agree

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
You really are blind to reality aren't you? What gives you confidence the bxp did anything other than pocket the money?
No wonder you voted for brexit
You'd fall for anything, worse you did!

I don’t need to. You brought this up. You prove they have done something wrong. You made the allegation. Even if they did pocket the money what have they done wrong?

As per usual you post nonsense I call you out on it. Forensically explain to you how you make your self look a fundamentalist fool and then you say it’s me that said what you said.

You are nuts. You are a like a primary school child when it comes to debating.

I look forward to the insult back, pound to a penny you will use what I said to you. You haven’t got the brains to be original.

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I don’t need to. You brought this up. You prove they have done something wrong. You made the allegation. Even if they did pocket the money what have they done wrong?

As per usual you post nonsense I call you out on it. Forensically explain to you how you make your self look a fundamentalist fool and then you say it’s me that said what you said.

You are nuts. You are a like a primary school child when it comes to debating.

I look forward to the insult back, pound to a penny you will use what I said to you. You haven’t got the brains to be original.
Is that the best you can do? Too thick to see the way politics are being subverted, and you call yourself a media man?
Easily conned is a better description

Advertisers