Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Simple offensive and adds nothing to the subject. You repeatedly offend me with this.
Don't encourage him! this is simply a cry for attention when there is no other means of countering opposition.
Ignoring it is probably for the best till he finds something else to use for the same purpose.
It is after all the equivalent of "Breaking wind in public"
Perhaps he could find a rational argument in favour of his fantasy? that would be nice.
Tricky, mind.
I have really tried to find one and been utterly unable to do so :(

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I had no idea that you were such a huge fan of the Tiny Scottish Idoit Woman. Personally, I'm not a big supporter.
Really? methinks you doth protest too much, and are quite taken with her really.
By the way what's an idoit?

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Don't encourage him! this is simply a cry for attention when there is no other means of countering opposition.
Ignoring it is probably for the best till he finds something else to use for the same purpose.
It is after all the equivalent of "Breaking wind in public"
Perhaps he could find a rational argument in favour of his fantasy? that would be nice.
Tricky, mind.
I have really tried to find one and been utterly unable to do so :(
Very sound advice indeed.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
We will require a bit of maintenance of our Merchant Fleet if we are to be a world class exporter, this is one I photographed today

And there are plenty more where it came from, just bring a spade​

• :D

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
was still there when in eu
But not caused by the EU was it? the same stupid Government you want to give unbridled power to now, and do you really imagine they have suddenly become competent to handle a far more complex situation that the doddle of living inside the protection of the EU?
Fantasy!
They will make an abject pigs ear of the job, and are doing right now!
Tell me, why do you imagine they will actually make a "Go of it" when they couldn't before we joined the EU?
Look at the bunch of clowns and despair.
They will promise the Earth but it will only be a handful of Dirt.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
So, a racist incident is any incident that is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person that is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person

So..... any incident, your post is an "incident" That's the part of the definition satisfied.

I perceive your post and you to be racist, and I am any other person.

The definition is therefore satisfied. MODERATOR, MODERATOR remove D8ve from the playground.

This just illustrates how ridiculous and dangerous you are. I have said it before and I will repeat it again, you and fools like old tom devalue the term racism. It should be reserved for racism when it occurs. Not used as a last ditch junk effort to shut people up when your perverted views have blown up in your face and covered it in egg. You are a child.
As you obviously we're aware on page 243 of the definition of racial harassment. Repeated insulting of the Scottish party leader is taken by me as deliberate racial insulting.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
methinks you doth protest too much, and are quite taken with her really.
This has been my opinion for a while now, I think Tillson fell very much in love with her when she first came to the fore, but is embarrassed by his state. The attacks on her are probably a way of denying his unrequited feelings.

Reactions: tillson

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
This has been my opinion for a while now, I think Tillson fell very much in love with her when she first came to the fore, but is embarrassed by his state. The attacks on her are probably a way of denying his unrequited feelings.
Damn, I've been busted!

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
As you obviously we're aware on page 243 of the definition of racial harassment. Repeated insulting of the Scottish party leader is taken by me as deliberate racial insulting.
But it's OK for OG to call Daily Mail readers mentally retarded!!! There must be some sort of 'ism' 'ist'or 'phobia' in there somewhere???. I am greatly offended by it but don't have a trendy lefty pressure group to agitate about it. It's amazing how freedom of speech only applies to morally superior people.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
But it's OK for OG to call Daily Mail readers mentally retarded!!! There must be some sort of 'ism' 'ist'or 'phobia' in there somewhere???. I am greatly offended by it but don't have a trendy lefty pressure group to agitate about it. It's amazing how freedom of speech only applies to morally superior people.

You can object to OG's post. That's your prerogative. But my objection to tilsons repetitive abuse stands he had no need to post his picture, then to continue the insults. Why? it added nothing but offence. . The only common theme is woman idiot and Scottish. Racial and or sexual harassment. Debate appears to be lacking in his posts.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom

damian

Pedelecer
Sep 16, 2015
Belfast
On the subject of brexit again, and the possibility of a 'hard border'.
Reckon I will be able to save a few quid by buying an ebike down south and smuggling it across the border to northern Ireland?

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Reactions: anotherkiwi

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
On the subject of brexit again, and the possibility of a 'hard border'.
Reckon I will be able to save a few quid by buying an ebike down south and smuggling it across the border to northern Ireland?

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk
Unless I have missed something,I think you are going in the wrong direction.
Brexit has caused the £ to weaken against the Euro,or perhaps better said that the Euro is now strong against the pound. So if you lived in the south you should be able to buy a cheaper e-bike in Northern Ireland.
Northern Ireland has always been competitively priced.
This is causing problems for Irish vendors,especially those located near the border with the north,the Irish are travelling across the border to buy goods very cheaply.
In theory after Brexit the hard border should be reintroduced to stop cross border trading,remember the homing pigs. But the reintroduction of a border would be politically difficult.
Our government with the agreement of the Irish government are considering treating the whole of Ireland remaining in the EU,the border at the point of entry but that would not be palatable to unionists living in Northern Ireland.
I think I have analysed the situation correctly but stand to be corrected.
Just one of the little problems that May and Co have to sort out during Brexit negotiations.
KudosDave

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
The Telegraph must start to sense that brexit is not a good move.
"Britain must not be held hostage by European nations over “unacceptable demands” as it negotiates to leave the EU, Lord William Hague has warned.
what demands other than just go? should we expect departing gifts?

Reactions: anotherkiwi

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I am intrigued why Theresa May is so headlong committed to Brexit and it appears as hard as possible.
There are so many difficult obstacles to overcome and she is putting herself into a position that if she fails the party will rid of her. She must know that the original 17 million majority has been eroded to the point that if she went for a second vote we would vote remain,no mandate for Brexit.
She also knows that parliament would throw Brexit out if given a free vote,but she is determined to keep the vote away from parliament.
Big business would support her,sme's would support her,the EU would support her and soon man from Hartlepool would support her,so why is she so determined to push us over a Brexit cliff. The only people who would be aggrieved are the ex UKIP and the far right,who have their own agenda to carrying on.
Assuming she is not in the pay of Putin or Trump ( now that is a possibility)
She may be performing brinkmanship,that the cliff we are about to fall over looks bottomless to most of us and she is 'brave' and the 'hero' to pull us out of this mess,but it's a dangerous game there may be no way back and she may fall over the cliff pulling us with her.
I wish I knew what is in that lady's mind?
Since it became obvious that Brexit will not include tariff barriers between UK and EU,the £ has started to strengthen against the dollar.
KudosDave
Ps....the Guardian becomes daily more anti Brexit.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Brexit has caused the £ to weaken against the Euro,or perhaps better said that the Euro is now strong against the pound. So if you lived in the south you should be able to buy a cheaper e-bike in Northern Ireland.
This is causing problems for Irish vendors,especially those located near the border with the north,the Irish are travelling across the border to buy goods very cheaply.
In theory after Brexit the hard border should be reintroduced to stop cross border trading,remember the homing pigs. But the reintroduction of a border would be politically difficult.
Our government with the agreement of the Irish government are considering treating the whole of Ireland remaining in the EU,the border at the point of entry but that would not be palatable to unionists living in Northern Ireland.
Just one of the little problems that May and Co have to sort out during Brexit negotiations.
KudosDave
When we study history in the colonies it is English history and why there is a Northern Ireland and and a south what it was for was taught to us. Not pretty, not "great" but very English. The idea failed miserably and ever since Ireland has been a pain in your rear, up until the 1920's the whole island and after then just the northern bit.

We have seen Germany reunite maybe the Irish could remain in Europe together? No they're Irish that wouldn't work would it...

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
KudosDave
Hi kudosDave, you are not mistaken. I live close to the border with N I in the republic and did take advantage of the major improvement in the euro sterling rate to purchase my Motus in Lisburn ( just south of Belfast). Currency differentials and getting bargains are fleeting things in a tribal market . The cost of piece part imports E.g the Bosch motor and battery will increase in sterling terms and even if Raliegh can make the frame cheaper, the overall product will rise in cost as soon as current inventory is rundown.
Try as I might I cannot see any upside to Brexit for anyone in Europe either the UK or elsewhere. As a non UK citizen, I am hesitant to comment on what might be seen as an internal political matter, but sometimes outsiders can see things more clearly.
The EU is weakened, the UK is weakened , the unity between the parts of the UK particularly Scotland and NI and the rest (England & Whales) is damaged.
We in Ireland are very worried as to how a border can be managed. Since it is 15km from me, I am worried. I am not convinced that a soft border will long endure. , Even though this is what is being discussed and hoped for.
The only hope at present is that nothing has happened and therefore nothing needs to be done except to confirm the wish of the UK by holding another referendum. I n this, if nothing else I would agree with Tony Blair.
A referendum result of 17/ 16 is was to close to call . And in my opinion was a dead heat . It certainly was not an overwhelming call to action.

There is a certain irony in the fact that Ireland with a population of 4.5 M opted to join the EEC in order to reduce our economic dependence on a market of 45M( the then UK) and the fact that the UK is choosing to leave a market of 450M for the reverse reason.

Should the UK persist in this action they might consider the placing of the hard border along the lines of Hadrian's wall.

Advertisers