Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Here we go
Nigel Farage, the Brexit party leader, claims that Boris Johnson has changed tack and that he is now going “all out” for Theresa May’s Brexit deal.

Nigel Farage
✔@Nigel_Farage

The Boris bravado has disappeared in Dublin, saying No Deal would be a “failure of statecraft”.

He is now going all out for Mrs May’s “deal”, with Northern Ireland to be hived off from the rest of the UK.

A clean break Brexit is the only way forward.

As predicted and still some mugs will support Boris, when the GE comes Farage will decimate the Tory vote...but not get enough to do anything but harm to the Brexit cause.

How delightful

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They give a "Tinkers Cuss" about the £39 Billion.
we pay down about £1Bln a month since April by extrending A50, it will be £32 Blns by the end of October.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
They give a "Tinkers Cuss" about the £39 Billion.
A trifling sum to the EU, Financial experts have calculated that the unification of East and West Germany cost 2 trillion euros - the largest investment in the country's history. But it paid off. The transfer of wealth is spurring a second German economic miracle
And they shrugged that off.
Why do people keep trotting out the figures of £39 Billion? what has Brexit actually cost?

Brexit has cost UK economy £66bn so far, study finds

And we survived, the £39 Billion is Chicken Feed to them, and only makes up for just over half of what we have lost so far!

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
So you think we will be better off out then?
That actually is an illogical inference. I pay my NCT .. equivalent to MoT every two years. I don't like paying it,but it ENTITLES me to have my car on the road,and enjoy the privaleges of travelling .

daveboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2012
pontefract
That actually is an illogical inference. I pay my NCT .. equivalent to MoT ever two years. I don't like paying it,but it ENTITLES me to have my car on the road,and enjoy the privaleges of travelling .
No it's not.. Remainers have been saying for years that we get more out of the EU than we put in,(with trade etc) so how can it be costing us 1billion a month when we are still trading with them... in your car analogy your car would be a Taxi and you would be making money from it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No it's not.. Remainers have been saying for years that we get more out of the EU than we put in,(with trade etc) so how can it be costing us 1billion a month when we are still trading with them... in your car analogy your car would be a Taxi and you would be making money from it.
It isn't costing us £1 billion per month, but we are paying £1 billion per month meanwhile. Normally this has been compensated by our earnings from Europe and investments in us. But now with the uncertainties of Brexit we're losing out due to major drops in sales to them and the scale of investments in the UK almost disappearing with the risk of No Deal.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: daveboy

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
In my car analogy , the aptness of which you refer , I would otherwise be forced to use taxis and a trip into the local town.which costs nothing by ebike, or 50 cents worth of diesel, would cost 10 euro each way . ..plus the added convenience of speed by not having to wait around.

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I wouldn't vote again.

There is literally no point.

Democracy only works if it fits in what the people in charge actually want.
And ask yourself this question, knowing as I do that the referendum result was obtained by illegal means and resulted in a marginal win for a bunch of Tax Dodging fascists and will harm the nation to protect their swindles.
Shouldn't I feel the same way about voting again, especially as there is every indication that those of us who voted to remain are now a majority, but denied a vote over what has been achieved in trying to achieve a Brexit that isn't simply suicide?

What is your problem? you have people trying to get Brexit that are kidding you that you voted for no deal even though they promised the Earth and are now lying about that
What did you expect them to do? they are liars
And parliament is still trying to get you your precious Brexit, the only argument is about the form it takes.

Think for a moment: what would have been the result if we had left the EU on the following Monday after the referendum?
Utter chaos, fortunately wiser heads than yours prevented that, and regardless of how you see it efforts made to reduce the damage done by the utterly mad decision to leave the EU.

It was supposed to be easy remember? we held all the cards.
An advisory referendum is nothing more or less that a popularity contest.
Democracy is much more that that, it is intended to ensure decisions in the interests of the nation are made, not just the flights of fancy of a section of the public misled by lies and promises

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
The referendum result was illegal?

This is big news. Please pm the details and I will forward it in to relevant and interested parties.

This is huge!

Unless you are lying again.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
"He is now going all out for Mrs May’s deal, with Northern Ireland to be hived off from the rest of the UK"

He wants to create a 'free port' or buffer zone corridor along the border, where everything inside is compliant to EU rules.
It is a sensible solution, whether the EU will acquiesce is another matter.
The real issue is people begin to see the mounting cost of brexit and stop believing the brexiteers.
Bojo has lost so many MPs that he is hopelessly castrated.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers